Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

LDN Blue

Saints STH here. Alex Chamberlain is s**t hot. He just gets better and better and will be another Bale type. I knew Bale and Walcott would make it big and AOC and Lallana will both follow. Its so good to see these young english (and welsh) players coming through our ranks. Up The Saints

What can you tell us about him - technical quality, physical ability, intelligence wise etc?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints STH here. Alex Chamberlain is s**t hot. He just gets better and better and will be another Bale type. I knew Bale and Walcott would make it big and AOC and Lallana will both follow. Its so good to see these young english (and welsh) players coming through our ranks. Up The Saints

I envy your academy, very underrated, produced some good players, like Bale, Walcott, Bridge & Baird. Correct me if I'm wrong also, but Alan Shearer too?

Your club has been very good at producing players, it pains me to see the decline of your club, but I hope you guys will be back in the Premier League one day.

He can knock a balls beyond defenders and then leave them for dead, he has lightning pace and has great delivery. He has what Walcott and Lennon both lack and thats natural ability. Walcott is injury prone

(don't get me wrong I think he will improve) and has had a stop start career and Lennon has no left foot at all

Yes Shearer came through our youth system and didn't do too badly in his career.

I do look at fans of Premier League team with envy but since last season I don't think i've enjoyed watching Saints so much. We has great players to watch and play an entertaining brand of football. Going down

into the Football League isn't the worst thing that can happen to a club but going under (as we nearly did) is. I look forward to the day that our teams will meet again.

Blackpool in the cup at the weekend. Have a look at the odds and you will see what the bookies think of us

I do look at fans of Premier League team with envy but since last season I don't think i've enjoyed watching Saints so much. We has great players to watch and play an entertaining brand of football.

Going down into the Football League isn't the worst thing that can happen to a club but going under (as we nearly did) is. I look forward to the day that our teams will meet again.

Blackpool in the cup at the weekend. Have a look at the odds and you will see what the bookies think of us

Agreed, but if you look at Leeds United right now, who are in a position to get promotion at the end of the season, it just shows you there is hope for Southampton in the future. I hope you do one on Blackpool ;)

Agreed, but if you look at Leeds United right now, who are in a position to get promotion at the end of the season, it just shows you there is hope for Southampton in the future. I hope you do one on Blackpool ;)

Don't forget Norwich. I'm looking forward to our next meeting with Portsmouth. I don't think i'll be able to contain myself when we beat that them. The celebrations would be so intense

Southampton starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain admits he is flattered by the top-flight interest shown in him with three clubs leading the chase.

"It's nice to know that some Premier League clubs are watching, but my focus is on the game and continuing to play well and grow as a player."

"To see how well Theo and Gareth have done in their careers after starting out at Southampton shows what a good job they do here," he added.

"I hope to play at the top level and to eventually represent England in the World Cup."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6641579,00.html

Guardian reporting Liverpool are readying a 10 mil bid this window. Interestingly it states their only competitors are Arsenal, we aren't mentioned.

Indded mate.. he seems a good talent. but 10M? big risk for a player of his age, surely? oh well.. Liverpool all over i guess lol. And City for that matter..

Seems a hot prospect for the future (bit of FM talk there) but we shall see :)

One thing I've learned with paper talk and young players like Chamberlain is the prices they quote are just about double of what the clubs end up paying so i reckon we could get him for about £5m-£6m

I've seen him play a few times and he looks good, really good but that's at League One level. Big step up for him to The Premiership, can see a bit of Walcott in him with his pace but also see him sitting the first few years out and still getting picked in a World Cup squad dry.gif sort of player in him. The kind everybody would love to see but you know would just get crushed at this level. If we can get him for half the £10m brilliant. If not let Man City or Liverpool take there chances

I would like to see some kind of signing in the next week or so, something to ease my tensios that we won't have someone until the ed of the month, something which would be to less beneficial to us in the League.

Hell, signing a 17 year old would at least show that we are looking into buying people, instead of quotes that could lead to nowhere.

I would like to see some kind of signing in the next week or so, something to ease my tensios that we won't have someone until the ed of the month, something which would be to less beneficial to us in the League.

Hell, signing a 17 year old would at least show that we are looking into buying people, instead of quotes that could lead to nowhere.

we could always buy back SWP

I have a feeling that Alex will stay with us (SFC). We are playing great football and have just extended Adam Lallana's contract. The best place for Alex right now is to stay with us and be apart of a promotion winning side rather than playing reserve football. It might be League 1 but we have Championship players and quality throughout. I was hoping we would get Chelsea and not boring Manure. Would have been good to see the Champions at St Mary's

If you do end up signing Alex then you will have a top player. You just know when a player is a star in the making

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You