Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

LDN Blue

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal are close to agreeing a £5million deal for Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Manager Arsene Wenger has moved swiftly to head off interest from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United in the 17-year-old.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1346960/Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-close-5m-Southampton-Arsenal.html#ixzz1B06wDeYw

"Alex isn't going anywhere," Cortese said. "He's a great prospect for the future but not the transfer market. I don't think he would wish to be anywhere else."

The view was echoed by Saints manager Nigel Atkins, who denied any suggestions the club have decided a price at which they would be willing to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain, who has already scored six times this season.

"I am confident I can keep all my players here during the January transfer window," Atkins said. "There has been a lot of speculation about Alex and there will be throughout the transfer window. But Alex is our player and he's got a smile on his face, so we'll have to wait and see. But let me make it quite clear that Southampton have never put a price tag on anyone's head."

I'd really prefer it if he stayed at Southampton. Wait a few years, wait for him to really shine, give Soton a very good fee. They're a club who deserve some fortunes now - This poaching business has to stop! Good on them for taking a hard line.

Arsenal are close to agreeing a £5million deal for Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Manager Arsene Wenger has moved swiftly to head off interest from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United in the 17-year-old.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1B06wDeYw

Crazy Wenger he already has Walcott and Nasri on the right wing and always struggles to put them to play together...what's he gonna do with another right winger...

I'd really prefer it if he stayed at Southampton. Wait a few years, wait for him to really shine, give Soton a very good fee. They're a club who deserve some fortunes now - This poaching business has to stop! Good on them for taking a hard line.

He was excellent for us today. We drew 0-0 but our team looked a bit tired. Chamberlain was everywhere. He got a bit more involved in the centre of the midfield and was always looking to get on the. Notts County did their homework and crowded him out at times. We'll see how he does at Tranmere next week

Arsenal got Theo at 16-17 ish, that was ages ago and he's still not really made it. Moving to a big club now will just ruin this kid, Walcott should've stayed at Southampton for at least another 2 years, this guy should do the same and develop with games.

Arsenal got Theo at 16-17 ish, that was ages ago and he's still not really made it. Moving to a big club now will just ruin this kid, Walcott should've stayed at Southampton for at least another 2 years, this guy should do the same and develop with games.

very true indeed!

I agree tbh. very good point there

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins

He said: "We would only let him go to a club that would nurture him and treat him properly.

"There is going to be no auction for Alex. We love him and want to make him a better player.

"If, down the line, there is a bid we will do the right thing for Alex and not just sell him to the highest bidder.

Definitely not signing for Chelsea then. :lol:

Heading to Arsenal methinks.

LOL probably. But then again, money talks ;)

The young player only has to look at Walcott and Bale and come to a conclusion.

Walcott played his 100th Premier League game at the weekend. Meanwhile Sturridge has started 2 Premier League games in 18 months at Chelsea.

We are a horrible club for young players to come to. One of, if not, the worst club actually. I hope this young player doesn't come here, otherwise our already sh*t reputation with young players will only get worse.

We are a horrible club for young players to come to. One of, if not, the worst club actually. I hope this young player doesn't come here, otherwise our already sh*t reputation with young players will only get worse.

Shamed to say.. Agreed.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You