Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

LDN Blue

Chelsea favourites to land Southampton starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Chelsea have emerged as favourites for Southampton's £10million-rated teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Fulham had been the first team to register their interest in the 17-year-old winger, who has also attracted the attention of Liverpool and Arsenal.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is said to have reservations about the lack of young talent to come through the ranks at Craven Cottage in recent years.

However..

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins has issued a hands-off warning to any clubs interested in signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

"He's part of the club's future," Adkins said in The People.

"We have a lot of talented players and I can see why Premier League clubs might come knocking.

"But we are in a sound financial position and do not need to sell anyone. There have not been any bids and nor would they be welcome."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who? And £10 mil? o.O

Very much likened to Theo Walcott. Same club as well, as it happens.

Liverpool & Arsenal are tracking him too..

Arsenal boss Wenger has sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch 17-year-old Chamberlain, son of former England international Mark, in action on several occasions in recent weeks.
Liverpool strategy director Damien Comolli made a personal trip to Southampton to watch winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain yesterday.

Southampton's academy is absolutely brilliant. Lucky enough to have met Jake Sinclair, Scott's brother, who is currently there. Nice lad, very talented, met him through a mutual friend.

Can't say I've heard much of this kid but if he's rated £10 million at his age he must be good.

Southampton's academy is absolutely brilliant. Lucky enough to have met Jake Sinclair, Scott's brother, who is currently there. Nice lad, very talented, met him through a mutual friend.

Can't say I've heard much of this kid but if he's rated £10 million at his age he must be good.

Well get your mutual friend to give Alex a bit of a "push in the right direction" ;):lol:

*Trying not to make a euphemism about the above post*

£10 million's far too steep for a kid that the majority of us haven't even heard of, let alone seen play. But for that amount of money he ought to be good. That being said it upsets me that we'd consider buying teenagers for that amount of money, it makes a mockery of our own academy system and makes it pointless for kids like JM#46 and Conor Clifford to be coming through.

*Trying not to make a euphemism about the above post*

£10 million's far too steep for a kid that the majority of us haven't even heard of, let alone seen play. But for that amount of money he ought to be good. That being said it upsets me that we'd consider buying teenagers for that amount of money, it makes a mockery of our own academy system and makes it pointless for kids like JM#46 and Conor Clifford to be coming through.

Aren't English players a bit overpriced?

But hey only few were complaining when we almost signed Brazilian kid for £20 million. Some even wanted us to pay £30 million. :D

I agree and don't agree to an extent. Remember, Chamberlain is a winger, we don't have any of those in our academy that look to be coming up (as far as I know). Yes, it is a gamble (if it's true), but this is the time of gambles that could be worth it. There's certainly no reason to think that this kind of signing means people like Josh and Conor miss out, because the positions don't clash.

But at the same time I do understand your point, of what's the point of splashing out cash for this kind of player when our academy should produce exactly these players. The Southampton academy has produced great talent over the years, which have been poached by clubs, e.g. Bale & Walcott. So I feel sorry for them, but there's no reason why our academy can't be like that.

Saints STH here. Alex Chamberlain is s**t hot. He just gets better and better and will be another Bale type. I knew Bale and Walcott would make it big and AOC and Lallana will both follow. Its so good to see these young english (and welsh) players coming through our ranks. Up The Saints

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You