Arsenal vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

i cant agree to this mate...

Mikel has a great awareness of the game, you cant compare apples with pears. Mikel is 23, where was Maka at this Age? He can play sublime through balls and is our best passer by far, and after two games he isn't a good DM anymore? sry cant take that serious.

Yeah I made that point before too. I'm not knocking Mikel at all, because I know he's young enough to improve so much, which he demonstrates. Carlo needs to encourage him to go forward more that's all I want really. Mikel has the potential to be better than Maka when he reaches that age, and I hope he does it. The day he grabs his first goal, I'll buy a Mikel shirt :)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we buy in Janurary, we must buy someon who arealdy play in Premier League...there must be no more excuses for the adaptation thing. We cant say Ramires is awful, because someone will say: "he is learning how to play here". We need someone who arealdy knows how to do it.

This is a good post mate.

Remember, no-one's saying Mikel is crap or anything, but we think he doesn't offer much to the team from his position really. If you look at other players who play that role in other clubs, Pirlo (AC Milan), Busquets (Barcelona), Makelele (Formerly us).. They all could put in a great tackle and also go forward with the counter attack too, Mikel simply cannot offer these traits, yes he makes up for it with his great long range passing abilities but I think, sometimes, that's not enough. If we look at Essien playing that role (prior to his injury, thus the emergence of Mikel taking that position) he certainly offered a lot, the "engine" of the team we called him. He'd drive into the box to get goals, but he'd also put in a great tackle when needed.

Yes, this wasn't Essien's best game, but he's already proven (prior his suspension) that's he's still a world class player who offers a lot to us, and so it's very hard to knock him down. But do remember, in the 2nd half (after we conceded) he was doing everything he could to drive forward making those powerful runs we know he can make.

And as for Malouda. I maintain my opinion, he's been one of our best performers in this bad form. He's looked the most dangerous when attacking and he's putting in some good passes and just generally working very hard. If I had to name 3 players who I think have stood up as men and players over this last crappy month I'd, without a doubt, name Cech, Malouda & Terry.

Spot on. Lets face facts, when Mikel joined us he was an attacking midfielder, a playmaker. We turned him into a holding midfielder, there is no way that anbody can honestly tell me that Mikel inspires you with confidence from a defensive point of view because if he does then you are easily satisfied. In the league we play in, with the way we play, the opposition will have possession from time to time, they will get chances to attack and when that happens I think we could do with a holding midfielder who can actually tackle, who can get about the pitch and who is generally solid from a defensive standpoint. Personally I think Essien's talents a re a bit wasted on the right hand side of the 3 man midfield, we should be looking to get him on the ball and as involved in the game as much as possible such is his talent, it was noticeable that his influence in the game grew more in the second half when he was put into the central defensive midfield position. The man is tailor made for that role.

If we buy in Janurary, we must buy someon who arealdy play in Premier League...there must be no more excuses for the adaptation thing. We cant say Ramires is awful, because someone will say: "he is learning how to play here". We need someone who arealdy knows how to do it.

Torres, Van der Vaart et al. have shown that his whole adaptation thing doesn't always apply to new players.

I'd love to know why Roman is destroying this club, our club, HIS CLUB! i don't get it at all. He gets rid of the greatest manager in world football, he releases great players without replacing them, he does fuck all in the transfer market and he gets rid of ray wilkins. He lets avram grant take over half a season in 2008, a season where we had everything going for us, he actually did pretty well to be fair to him. He's replaced ray wilkins with a guy nobody even knows, he doesn't even get out his seat, he just watches the game with no emotion like he doesn't give a fuck. The only people that really care about this team are us, the fans and a few of the players like JT, Cech and Lampard.

I can thank Roman for helping us become a world force and giving us money to buy great players and getting us out of debt, but to be honest, he's a shit owner and only cares about himself. We can only imagine how we would of dominated if he let Jose take control and let him do as he wanted. He's not even letting Carlo do as he wants now, i wouldn't be surprised if he walked soon tbh. From helping us become a world force, he's now helping to destroy us.

Unless he helps us strengthen in January or really push the boat out in the summer and spend some serious money on genuine quality players, he might as well just sell up and let it go. The performances in the last 2 months have been nothing short of a shambles and a disgrace. Last season was similar ish but then we really sorted it out and beat all the big 3 twice and scored hatfuls against everyone else. Its not even 2011 yet and we've lost 5, won 1 in 8, scored like 10 in that time, it's just not good at all. Pure shit.

Clevemayer i haven't read everything you wrote but i agree with you about Malouda.

He was bad for couple of games now. I don't know what is the problem, maybe he is tired or smth else.

Kakuta and Sturridge deserve to start. I'm not typical hater of Kalou, but i can't stand his bad displays.

I'd love to know why Roman is destroying this club, our club, HIS CLUB! i don't get it at all. He gets rid of the greatest manager in world football, he releases great players without replacing them, he does fuck all in the transfer market and he gets rid of ray wilkins. He lets avram grant take over half a season in 2008, a season where we had everything going for us, he actually did pretty well to be fair to him. He's replaced ray wilkins with a guy nobody even knows, he doesn't even get out his seat, he just watches the game with no emotion like he doesn't give a fuck. The only people that really care about this team are us, the fans and a few of the players like JT, Cech and Lampard.

I can thank Roman for helping us become a world force and giving us money to buy great players and getting us out of debt, but to be honest, he's a shit owner and only cares about himself. We can only imagine how we would of dominated if he let Jose take control and let him do as he wanted. He's not even letting Carlo do as he wants now, i wouldn't be surprised if he walked soon tbh. From helping us become a world force, he's now helping to destroy us.

Unless he helps us strengthen in January or really push the boat out in the summer and spend some serious money on genuine quality players, he might as well just sell up and let it go. The performances in the last 2 months have been nothing short of a shambles and a disgrace. Last season was similar ish but then we really sorted it out and beat all the big 3 twice and scored hatfuls against everyone else. Its not even 2011 yet and we've lost 5, won 1 in 8, scored like 10 in that time, it's just not good at all. Pure shit.

Mate, go take some fresh hair, sleep some hours, listening to good music and read a good book. Also try a good movie. Thats good for our spirit.

oh yeah i forgot, things are going so well at the moment with this amazing big strong squad that we have at our disposal. I've had plenty of sleep, maybe you have had too much and need to wake up and see what's going on.

I can tell you that Ramires is not going to do more than that. He was good at brazilian league, but not superb. I never saw him as a player for a top club like Chelsea.

Now we are talking senses. Those "bastards" at chelseaforum.com was dead against me for speaking up on the negatives for a poor poor player like Ramires. If Harry Rednapp needed 13 signing to get a formula to be 4th in the league and play in the CL, then what the fuck is Chelsea doing? We gave away Deco, Ballack, Joe Cole, Belletti etc and we expect Ramires and a want-away unfit benayoun to fill the gap, with scotch tape job from our academy? Get real Ancelotti. You are forgiven for not forgiving me for calling you callous and fucked up.

If Roman doesn't like you, at least you should have the decency to walk away. We need 4 people back - Hiddink, a new defender, a midfielder and a striker. The on-field players should be preferably under 28. I am thinking of Gary Cahill, Marek Hamsik and Edin Dzeko.

Now that the gap is insurmountable (at least for me), Let's concentrate on a CL and FA Cup double as well as finishing 4th in the league.

Chelsea better deliver 3 points this time against the Trotters or someone else should kick Ancelotti's arse.shoot.gif

oh yeah i forgot, things are going so well at the moment with this amazing big strong squad that we have at our disposal. I've had plenty of sleep, maybe you have had too much and need to wake up and see what's going on.

Ollie.. I am with you all the way. There are people who need to wake up. For me, I am taking a break as I cannot watch these crap anymore and the cable guy will remove my subscription as soon as my contract is due.

I pity Cech, JT & Lamps.

Roman needs a private equity deal with the Middle East. I don't care who pays as long as someone is willing to spend some money again to help us compete.

Jamie Redknapp's take on Mikel..

“John Mikel Obi was taken off at halftime. His deep midfield role should be a dream position.

“You should boss the game, touch the ball 100 times and put out fires whenever there’s danger. Mikel rarely passes the ball forward and is a weak link.

“Chelsea have liked a player there since the master, Claude Makelele, had the position named after him. Michael Essien could go there, but it would curb his instincts. They may have to buy in January.”

No wonder he writes for The Daily Mail..

Does anyone here think that we should play Essien in the holding midfielder role, and Mikel alongside Lampard ? (Sorry if someone already said it, but I didn't have the time to read all the post)

In the way we're playing at the moment, Mikel is just not efficient, he can't play like that. At the start of the season he was really good in this role, but it's because we had a far better ball possession... Right now, we suffer of his lack of agressivity and his inability to tackle. Beside, Essien is really better when we have to defend, he's got more agressivity, he knows how to do a tackle. So we should play him as a holding midfielder to solidify our defense.

Plus, at the moment, we have a real problem : we can't manage to link up our midfield and our front three. Why ? 'Cause nobody is able to create something, to do a good pass (of course, with the return of Frank it's different). And Mikel is really better than Essien for the passes. And I think with him playing higher on the field, our front three will have a lot more of good passes to 'eat'...

ps: those Arsenal players are really a bunch of lil' bitch who fall at the single collision... They should go play in Spain...

Does anyone here think that we should play Essien in the holding midfielder role, and Mikel alongside Lampard ? (Sorry if someone already said it, but I didn't have the time to read all the post)

Yes, yes, yes! Definitely think so! Would be the best change I can think of right now.

Our mistakes led to 3 Arsenal goals it is simple as that.They are not a better team and they just caught us off form.

I won't single out the bad performers but Terry and Ivanovic were immense.If we don't sign a new contract with Ivanovic we should :fainthv9: