Daniel Sturridge

Badboy

What more can he do he has scored a good amount of goals he has pace skill and creativity. Danny Welbeck has been loaned to Sunderland and he is scoring goals and getting valuable experience always playing in the first team. I think we have 2 options now because Danny can not wait around too long he is scoring every time he starts, either we loan him out like what arsenal done to Wilshire and man utd have done to Danny Welbeck, or this has got to be Anelka's last season as an auto starter !

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope he will start more games from now. And I want him to starts against Newcastle... He has showed yesterday night, once again, that he deserves to get more playing time and to be more involved in the starting eleven. Anelka is not good enough at the moment (imo), he slow down too much our pace, and it's exactly what we do not need...

But if he doesn't get more involved as that, he must look for a move. For his own sake and our sake. But i hope it won't be the case.

He's somehow behind Salomon Kalou in the pecking order. However they are both covering for players that are 32,31 and 30 years old. Ancelotti doesn't rotate them but he'll be forced to play either Daniel or Salomon sooner or later as our main forwards will either get sick of playing unfit or get injured, they'll both get enough games.

The Sun today were giving Danny a hard time saying he failed to capitalize on a rare start. I went to the match last night and i thought he was one of our best and most creative players out there.

All he needs is a chance. Not just one or two starts here and there. A proper chance, a good run in the side to see what he is really made of or i fear he will most likely seek a move away.

Don't really understand the negativity towards Anelka all of a sudden. I hear he wasn't welcomed much at Stamford Bridge coming on last night.. I hope they realise Anelka is our joint top goal scorer with Malouda, in all competitions (8). Anelka's been brilliant, in my opinion, the way he can just have a burst of pace and then cut back into the area is quite magical. He's a good provider of a pass and he's someone you want playing with you if you're the main striker (á la Drogba.). I agree he's not the best as a pure striker, playing in Drogba's absence, but he's still a force you want in your attack, he's brilliant on the sides, and someone you want coming on in the 80th minute to see out a lead.

Where did you get that from?! lol! where i was he got a big cheer! and when he warmed up!

LOL.. Here:

My mistake - thanks for correcting me. Either way, so many moans when Nico was announced, but he, in essence, was the key to winning the game. If he doesn't make that sublime pinpoint pass to Drogs, there's no goal there. His touch is fantastic on balls like that.

I think he deserves his chance now. Others are under performing so some changes need to be made.

Malouda, Drogba, Anelka, Zhirkov, Ramires need to be dropped for a few games earn their places back for the Man Utd game so they put a performance in.

Sturridge is playing well when he is given a chance, he really has so much potential and he is stil so young, again though the only way he is going to improve is to give him more games. He should be given a lot more oppertunities for sure and i hope they will come, it's no good waiting for the forward line to become too old before giving him the chances because he needs to be settled before then. Given the fact we are short of goals lately it can't hurt to give him more games,

He should have never signed for Chelsea. Who the hell was advising him that going to Chelsea would be a good move? He could potentially develop into a 15-20 goal a season striker and simply needs games to devlop. Games he won't get at Chelsea. A truly horrible move that has stunted his career by about 2 years. Aston Villa were after him and that was easily a better move. He could have developed there and then at 23-24 would have better options. Now he's at Chelsea being wasted while a no-hoper like Kalou gets the minutes ahead of him.

Seriously agents and players need to take a long hard look at themselves. £30k a week at 21 with guaranteed games at a club like Villa is inifnitely better than £60k per week and 10 meaningless appearences a season at a club like Chelsea.

If I was an up and coming player like Sturridge I would never sign for Chelsea. As a supporter it pains me to say it but it is the truth.

He should have never signed for Chelsea. Who the hell was advising him that going to Chelsea would be a good move? He could potentially develop into a 15-20 goal a season striker and simply needs games to devlop. Games he won't get at Chelsea. A truly horrible move that has stunted his career by about 2 years. Aston Villa were after him and that was easily a better move. He could have developed there and then at 23-24 would have better options. Now he's at Chelsea being wasted while a no-hoper like Kalou gets the minutes ahead of him.

Seriously agents and players need to take a long hard look at themselves. £30k a week at 21 with guaranteed games at a club like Villa is inifnitely better than £60k per week and 10 meaningless appearences a season at a club like Chelsea.

If I was an up and coming player like Sturridge I would never sign for Chelsea. As a supporter it pains me to say it but it is the truth.

Sigh, I get the feeling sometimes you just resent our youth :lol:

But seriously, Sturridge is getting his chances and soon we will see him featured more and more (probably ahead of Anelka). He proved vs Zilina what an impact player he is, with his pace, his shooting and his keen sense of attack. Also, this is a perfect time to come for Chelsea, Anelka & Drogba will start declining now they've passed the 30-age barrier. Even if their performances are perfect, their stamina will start to go down and they won't be able to play 2 games a week, so Sturridge will get his chance. I honestly believe it won't be long till he gets a full 90mins in the Premier League. Keep the faith :)

Sigh, I get the feeling sometimes you just resent our youth :lol:

But seriously, Sturridge is getting his chances and soon we will see him featured more and more (probably ahead of Anelka). He proved vs Zilina what an impact player he is, with his pace, his shooting and his keen sense of attack. Also, this is a perfect time to come for Chelsea, Anelka & Drogba will start declining now they've passed the 30-age barrier. Even if their performances are perfect, their stamina will start to go down and they won't be able to play 2 games a week, so Sturridge will get his chance. I honestly believe it won't be long till he gets a full 90mins in the Premier League. Keep the faith :)

I actually like Sturridge very much and wish he could play more. Even if he doesn't always peform I see the talent is quite clearly there. Sturridge isn't getting any serious game time, Carling Cup games and a dead rubber against Zilina don't make up for sitting on the bench almost all year.

I've read quotes by him today in which he states if he doesn't get much playing time he will move on. Good! He is finally coming to his senses. He has wasted a year and a half sitting on the bench at Chelsea at a time in his career when he needs to be playing constantly.

We can all talk this nonsense about players getting old and nows a good time to be a Chelsea youth but even with Malaria Drogba is starting every game! Sturridge shold think about his career and move on.