Newcastle vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

In my opinion Ancelotti should be looking at Anelka and Drogba to see which one looks fit enough to start alongside Kalou and Sturridge on Sunday! Imo our front three should be Kalou - Anelka - Sturridge (or it reversed)

Kalou is great Substitute but when he starts then he is sometimes annoying.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Milan, Ancelotti used to play 4-3-1-2, I wouldn't mind see him experiment with that now..

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Alex - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Malouda

Anelka

Sturridge - Drogba

Wouldn't be sure about Anelka being the man linking the midfield with attack, this role was played by Seeford at Milan. But it's still a good option, and would work better when Lampard comes back. But I can see it working, it doesn't offer much width, but then again, with Bosingwa and Cole in defence that problem solves itself.

With Milan, Ancelotti used to play 4-3-1-2, I wouldn't mind see him experiment with that now..

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Alex - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Malouda

Anelka

Sturridge - Drogba

Wouldn't be sure about Anelka being the man linking the midfield with attack, this role was played by Seeford at Milan. But it's still a good option, and would work better when Lampard comes back. But I can see it working, it doesn't offer much width, but then again, with Bosingwa and Cole in defence that problem solves itself.

You do know the 4-3-1-2 formation is just the 4-diamond-2 formation that failed miserably. We just don't have the right midfielders for the system. And it's a hard system to pull of in modern football.

You know the 4-3-1-2 formation is just the 4-diamond-2 formation that failed miserably. We just don't have the right midfielders for the system.

Well kind of, but in this case the 2 midfielder players on the side of Mikel would not drift out wide. It would be defensive minded that 3 midfield line.