Chelsea vs MŠK Žilina

BlueLion.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say.. Van Aanholt & Sturridge were sublime today! Great performance from both of them. If PvA is our next 1st choice left back after Cole, then I'll be more than happy (unlucky not to score either). Took a while for Danny to get into the game, but when he did boy did he make a difference. He and Kalou menaced their defence and I'm glad he got a much deserved goal from it.

McEachran had a good solid debut. Gave the ball away a bit, but he'll only learn to cut that down with more experience. Was glad to see a Mellis cameo for him though :lol:

Anyway, now that we remember what if feels like to win, hopefully we can carry on this momentum at St. James' Park on Sunday.

:chelsea2:

Kakuta is playing like Franco Di Santo.... Chances to impress and nothing...

At Least Josh, Van , and Bruma you can see something in them specialy Van ... but Can not see anything in Gael :carlo:

youre kidding me? gael was sublime getting in good positions fist, second he hat some great deliverys... third when he dropped in the hole between strikers and mifield... he was great... sublime first touch... he was way way way way better than kalou... if anyone should have been thrown on half time it should've been defo josh...

gave the ball away quite a lot... but he was gettin better in the second half... kakuta seemed better and unleashed... maybe its because of the new contract?

and at the beginning of the first half the whole team was like shit... and kakuta and studge where the only one impressing alongside PVA... bruma did a good job though...

Good Fealings are coming to me in the next Days.... I thing we are going back to the Good Roud .... Essien will come back Soon, So As Lampard, Terry will get better and Alex will return... now we can Start Daniel and Patrick, so Looks a little bit better everything.. .blue%20scalf.gif

Absolutely delighted. I know we were playing against the whipping boys but to see all (well, nearly all) of our youngsters play so well is refreshing.

Turnbull had a good game and did nothing wrong in my view; his handling was spot on and I recall him making a very good save when it was 0-1 to keep us in the game. Bruma was solid, van Aanholt played exceptionally well, Sturridge was probably the best player on the pitch and certainly full of effort and attacking intent which is what you want to see. McEachran was superb, his composure on the ball truly astounds me. Was also nice to see Mellis on the pitch. The only disappointment for me was Kakuta who still has yet to make an impression at all this season.

Out of the 'old fogeys,' I thought Ferreira had a very good match, Ivanovic was faultless, Ramires was assured in the second half, Malouda was effervescent at times but when he was involved we looked very dangerous. Impressed with Drogba's work rate tonight too, I've been critical of his performances and commitment recently, so it was great to see him so fired up and trying to work the crowd as well. Kalou was very good as well, I firmly believe he changed the game at half-time and might have had a goal himself. Can't complain with any performance from the old guard tonight. Truly chuffed.