This Season

Getting rid of Carvalho, Belletti, Deco, Ballack and Joe Cole with no real replacements - apart from a few yoiuth has left us stranded. Couple that with injuries to Benayoun, Lampard, terry and Zhirkov and it all becomes clear.

Loss of form to and ageing strike force doesnt help and Abramovick seemingly not wanting to put his hand in his wallet hasnt helped.

Real questions over qualification for next years CL .now imo and our nrxt game against Bolton , they could go above us .....

...we could win the CL this season though...... :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel Abramovic will definitely dipped into the Transfer Market if we want to stay inside the Top 4.

Heck, we got Manchester City and Spurs trying to break the Top 4 and City has done well to reach there. I don't want to see Chelsea becoming another Liverpool. PLEASE.

I find myself relatively optimistic about this season. The title isn't over - its more improbable than impossible, but we'll be back to winning ways sooner rather than later - and the Champions League and FA Cup present us with the opportunity to win something. I don't think we should get talking about a premature end to the season, things will become rosy again soon, they always do. A few signings in January would go a long way to improving matters - the two contributing factors to our incredible decline is lack of fitness and competition for places, but the latter moreso. The likes of Anelka and Malouda, who started the season brilliantly, are now taking their places for granted and seem disinterested.

Hindsight is a great thing. I can't believe people are saying that we miss Belletti, Cole or Carvalho.

I fully supported the summer clear-out and I still do.

We did well to get rid of Belletti and Cole and if kids were given a proper chance we wouldn't miss them at all. Carvalho had a bad season before he left and was getting very injury prone, we needed a defender just to make up the numbers even if it meant a CB version of Ferreira. Ballack is the only one we really miss as Ramires hasn't looked like a proper replacement so far and Matic was loaned out.

Back when I argued that we had the thinest squad in the league I remember people saying bs like "quality over quantity" and now people miss our fringe players?

I find myself relatively optimistic about this season. The title isn't over - its more improbable than impossible, but we'll be back to winning ways sooner rather than later - and the Champions League and FA Cup present us with the opportunity to win something. I don't think we should get talking about a premature end to the season, things will become rosy again soon, they always do. A few signings in January would go a long way to improving matters - the two contributing factors to our incredible decline is lack of fitness and competition for places, but the latter moreso. The likes of Anelka and Malouda, who started the season brilliantly, are now taking their places for granted and seem disinterested.

I wish I had your optimism Alex, I really do.

But the way things have gone I just feel that by the time we do get back to winning ways it'll be far too late for the title. I hope we do retain the FA Cup, I'd hate to finish this season totally trophy-less :\

I know its sounds to optimistic, but i dont think we lost the title yet.

We are now 6 points behind Man u, when we have 1 more game, as they going to face Blackpool away in the end of January to complete this fixture.

United won just one game away this season, and now they have 2 away games in a row.

If we will start a winning strike against Bolton, and United will drop 3 points in the next three games they have, it will be three points gap again.

even if it will be 6 points, we still have 2 games agianst Man u, and we can win even in OT if we are in a good form. We did this last season.

Arsenal, City and spurs will lost points, we dont need to worrey about them, we just need to start to win again. Then we will have a chance again.

What do you think?

This premiership season is just a write-off. We just gotta concentrate on the UCL now and the FA Cup again because there's no way we're retaining our title. Our squad is so weak, 3-4 injuries and we're fucked. I'd rather Man Utd win it than Arsenal tho, couldn't bare Arsenal winning it.

It's all good having a summer clear out but who have we bought in? A Brazilian lightweight and a 30 year old. Scary thing is we've spent £36m on Ramires and Zhirkov, Tottenham spent £8m on Van der Vaart ffs. And we have the likes of Kalou playing, he was awful yesterday. Our squad is much weaker than it was 2-3 years ago. CONCERN!

We are now 6 points behind Man u, when we have 1 more game, as they going to face Blackpool away in the end of January to complete this fixture.

United won just one game away this season, and now they have 2 away games in a row.

If we will start a winning strike against Bolton, and United will drop 3 points in the next three games they have, it will be three points gap again.

even if it will be 6 points, we still have 2 games agianst Man u, and we can win even in OT if we are in a good form. We did this last season.

Arsenal, City and spurs will lost points, we dont need to worrey about them, we just need to start to win again. Then we will have a chance again.

What do you think?

A lot of IFs and BUTs but I see your point mate, I wouldn't write us off just yet however we need more than just a wake up call..Chelsea's been lacking the insipiration and passion that we used to play with and if we don't find back our scoring ways we will never capitalize on Utd/Citys mishaps.

The likes of Anelka and Malouda, who started the season brilliantly, are now taking their places for granted and seem disinterested.

Yup, it's pretty clear now that Malouda and Anelka are beginning to be full of themselves. Sturridge and Kakuta should get some more playing time (60+ minutes) so that they don't get too comfortable with their positions in the starting 11.

What do you think?

admire your optimism ...but clutching at straws I think

Would love Man U to do what we've done.loose one and loose a load..doubt it :(

they could do -but I dont think they will chuck a ten point lead away

..that said :) if we can get 27 points from

Next 9 league games: -

Bolton - H

Villa - H

Wolves - A

Blkbrn - H

Bolton - A

Sundld - A

Livrpl - H

Fulham - A

Brmghm - H

Feeling like a glass half empty man at the moment I am looking forward to some Europa league games next season in some far flung exotic locations blue%20scalf.gif

This season is the start of the transition into the next generation of Chelsea Football Club, imo. The fact that we have gotten the clear out makes it set that the replacements are on the way, in what form and where from isn't set in stone, but it is certainly going to happen. Kakuta, etc. could be the time they get their claws into the squad, maybe.