The Serie A Thread

Steve

11 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

So he really is going, dont you dare touch Spurs Conte, he is exactly what they need short term. My brother would love him at Ars.

He has already left. 

I find it hard to believe Conte will go to Spurs when he just left Inter because of their precarious financial situation and Spurs are in a very similar situation. It's clear that Conte wants money, a lot of money, to spend on players. He won't get that at this time at Spurs. So god knows where he'll turn up next.

7 minutes ago Jas said:

Inter did manage to find an investment from somewhere -  https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/soccer-italys-inter-milan-secures-financing-deal-with-oaktree-funds-sources-2021-05- 20 / . But they still have to cut costs and Conte, in classic Conte fashion, wasn't having it. 

Well I suppose either way, you can see his point.

They spent money and wanted to be competitive, to win titles, they've done that now and are yanking the carpet from under him more or less. If they sell one of Lukaku / Martinez / Barella / Skinirar (their most valuable assets undoubtedly), yes it would balance the books but the quality of those players are near impossible to find, never mind on shoestrings as well by sounds of their finances.

I think it won't be surprising if they manage to maintain top 4 but I will go on and say that they will be miles off the title with Inzhagi if they sell one of those four. Crazy they won Serie A and finished last in their CL group though. Inter need to be careful though, Juventus and Roma will be better next season, as will AC Milan undoubtedly.

Edited by OneMoSalah

15 minutes ago, Jas said:

He has already left. 

I find it hard to believe Conte will go to Spurs when he just left Inter because of their precarious financial situation and Spurs are in a very similar situation. It's clear that Conte wants money, a lot of money, to spend on players. He won't get that at this time at Spurs. So god knows where he'll turn up next.

yeah just saw it, and your right spurs wont give him jack shit with Kane or without him.....

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well I suppose you can see his point.

They spent money and wanted to be competitive, to win titles, they’ve done that now and are yanking the carpet from under him. If they sell one of Lukaku/Martinez/Barella/Skinirar (their most valuable assets undoubtedly), yes it would balance the books but the quality of those players are near impossible to find, never mind on shoestrings as well by sounds of their finances.

I think it won't be surprising if they manage to maintain top 4 but I will go on and say that they will be miles off the title with Inzhagi if they sell one of those four. Crazy they won Serie A and finished last in their CL group though. Inter need to be careful though, Juventus and Roma will be better next season, as will AC Milan undoubtedly.

Yes but we don't know for sure if Inter will sell any of those four players you mentioned when they have a number of deadwoods or old players on big wages on their books like Vidal, Kolarov, Young etc. They will likely get rid of them first before potentially going to the big ones, which they might need to sell only one if they get big money for that player.

The frustrating thing with Conte is that we know he is a great coach and great at improving players but he is also stubborn as hell and seems to think success is not possible without spending big money on big players or sometimes, old players. No manager will always get what they want all the time. Some times, one has to find ways to compromise, be smarter with transfers, focus on coaching and getting more out of players. We have seen how teams can be competitive at the top end of the league - e.g. Atalanta, Milan (this season), Leicester, Spurs under Pochettino - through great coaching, through intelligent spending/scouting on players etc. 

Considering that and his management style, hard to see where Conte will go next and which club will be willing to bend to his demands every single time, especially when clubs are still feeling the effects of the pandemic.

hace 18 minutos, Jas dijo:

Yes but we don't know for sure if Inter will sell any of those four players you mentioned when they have a number of deadwoods or old players on big wages on their books like Vidal, Kolarov, Young etc. They will likely get rid of them first before potentially going to the big ones, which they might need to sell only one if they get big money for that player.

The frustrating thing with Conte is that we know he is a great coach and great at improving players but he is also stubborn as hell and seems to think success is not possible without spending big money on big players or sometimes, old players. No manager will always get what they want all the time. Some times, one has to find ways to compromise, be smarter with transfers, focus on coaching and getting more out of players. We have seen how teams can be competitive at the top end of the league - e.g. Atalanta, Milan (this season), Leicester, Spurs under Pochettino - through great coaching, through intelligent spending/scouting on players etc. 

Considering that and his management style, hard to see where Conte will go next and which club will be willing to bend to his demands every single time, especially when clubs are still feeling the effects of the pandemic.

Maybe but if they need 70-100m they won’t get it shifting Vidal, Kolarov, Young etc will they? So someone will have to go. IIRC I read that he named Lukaku, Martinez, Skinirar, Barella and 3/4 other players as untouchables apparently and Inter couldn’t guarantee it which contributed towards why he left as they felt he would he managing with his hands behind his back. 

The success without spending part you mentioned is a weird one because now a days, most of the successful managers and teams spend a lot. I think you have to now, I mean look at Klopp and Pep at Liverpool and City for example, coaching only got them so far in competitive leagues. Tuchel is the same here he will need to spend in the summer.

Wanting or feeling the need to spend doesn’t necessarily question him as a coach for instance. Fair point re Atalanta, as they are an interesting team for sure but you get the feeling that they’ve gone as far as they can and again its going to take investment to spur them on. Same with AC Milan which lets not forget they spent a lot of money on young players a few years ago and again brought a few in last season. Spurs also we seen they clearly hit their ceiling with Pochettino. Leicester 2 seasons in a row in prime CL spots and lost out probably due to a lack of squad depth. So theres always a flip side. 

I think if Inter had done better in the CL maybe he wouldn’t of felt so inclined to ask for more players but they finished 4th didn’t they? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe but if they need 70-100m they won’t get it shifting Vidal, Kolarov, Young etc will they? So someone will have to go. IIRC I read that he named Lukaku, Martinez, Skinirar, Barella and 3/4 other players as untouchables apparently and Inter couldn’t guarantee it which contributed towards why he left as they felt he would he managing with his hands behind his back. 

The success without spending part you mentioned is a weird one because now a days, most of the successful managers and teams spend a lot. I think you have to now, I mean look at Klopp and Pep at Liverpool and City for example, coaching only got them so far in competitive leagues. Tuchel is the same here he will need to spend in the summer.

Wanting or feeling the need to spend doesn’t necessarily question him as a coach for instance. Fair point re Atalanta, as they are an interesting team for sure but you get the feeling that they’ve gone as far as they can and again its going to take investment to spur them on. Same with AC Milan which lets not forget they spent a lot of money on young players a few years ago and again brought a few in last season. Spurs also we seen they clearly hit their ceiling with Pochettino. Leicester 2 seasons in a row in prime CL spots and lost out probably due to a lack of squad depth. So theres always a flip side.

But it's not as if Inter have to sell everyone and their entire squad have to be broken up, are they? There will still be good players around. I gave the other clubs as examples of how one can still be competitive without necessarily having star players or being able to spend big every time. The difference between those clubs and Inter is that Inter will still have quality players around, even after potentially selling maybe 1 and they have a coach like Conte to make up that gap. In fact, one could argue that he has been the main difference between Inter winning the league and not winning the league.

Also, let's not forget that Conte has partly contributed to the financial situation that Inter find themselves in. Instead of maybe looking at younger, better options, he wanted players like Young, Kolarov, Vidal etc and the club were "forced" to have them on big wages and they now have to get rid of them. Although he found a role for him in the end, Conte wanted Eriksen and got him but then almost binned him in January before making a sudden U-turn. Things like this is why I said Conte is stubborn and not being able to compromise. Inter fulfilled a lot of his demands during his two-year reign - e.g. getting Godin, Lukaku, Young, Eriksen, Sensi, Barella, Sanchez, Moses, Vidal, Kolarov, Hakimi, Darmian - but when they are in trouble, he is not willing to return the favor and compromise a little. 

If Conte is just gonna throw a tantrum or leave the second he disagrees with the club over players etc (it has happened 3 times now), then really, who is gonna appoint him? At this point, it really feels like he's not different to Mourinho apart from being able to perhaps still guarantee short term success.

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think if Inter had done better in the CL maybe he wouldn’t of felt so inclined to ask for more players but they finished 4th didn’t they?

Given Conte's poor overall record in the Champions League, I'd say it's more down to his inflexible tactics than anything else. 

Remember his "You cannot go to eat at a €100 restaurant with just €10 euro in your pocket" quote? Allegri made Conte look like a fool by taking Juventus to the Champions League final the season after he left Juventus.

Happy for Venezia! Back in Seria A after 19 years! Love the city, so pretty kit they have this season. I started watching football around 20 years ago and they are one of my first memories for some reason. Seria A was best league back in the day.

42 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Happy for Venezia! Back in Seria A after 19 years! Love the city, so pretty kit they have this season. I started watching football around 20 years ago and they are one of my first memories for some reason. Seria A was best league back in the day.

Venezia Boss Paolo Zanetti: "Inter's Sebastiano Esposito Could Become A  Champion, He'll Star For Italy"

I still cannot wrap my head around the imminent insta-destruction of a team (Inter) that was just a few players away from being potentially in top 5 in the world and massive threat in the CL

all they needed was a couple better MFers

like Rodrigo de Paul and Boubacar Kamara (or Bruno Guimarães)

and had these to sell or get off the books

Roberto Gagliardini   
Stefano Sensi  
Matías Vecino   
Radja Nainggolan
Arturo Vidal    

a LWB (Gosens)

and have these fullbacks to sell

Lazaro, Matteo Darmian, and Dalbert

and a RWer, like Berardi or Gabriel Veron

NONE of those buys are huge money, all listed are sold as fuck players

but nope

they are going to destroy the team

I would be fucking losing MY MIND if Inter was my main team

its taken them over a decade to get back to great team status, and now, after one year, down the shitter

insanity 😪

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I still cannot wrap my head around the imminent insta-destruction of a team (Inter) that was just a few players away from being potentially in top 5 in the world and massive threat in the CL

all they needed was a couple better MFers

like Rodrigo de Paul and Boubacar Kamara (or Bruno Guimarães)

and had these to sell or get off the books

Roberto Gagliardini   
Stefano Sensi  
Matías Vecino   
Radja Nainggolan
Arturo Vidal    

a LWB (Gosens)

and have these fullbacks to sell

Lazaro, Matteo Darmian, and Dalbert

and a RWer, like Berardi or Gabriel Veron

NONE of those buys are huge money, all listed are sold as fuck players

but nope

they are going to destroy the team

I would be fucking losing MY MIND if Inter was my main team

its taken them over a decade to get back to great team status, and now, after one year, down the shitter

insanity 😪

It their owners fault. That dire Chinese company has even less respect for the traditions of football and the fans than the Americans. A bit of a prelude to what happens if China continues their appropriation of western culture 

18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It their owners fault. That dire Chinese company has even less respect for the traditions of football and the fans than the Americans. A bit of a prelude to what happens if China continues their appropriation of western culture 

this is the head cunt

billionaire (net worth of £5bn)  Zhang Jindong

Suning Chairman Jindong Zhang: “Thanks To Players & Antonio Conte, Serie A  Title Only The Start For Inter”

Lazio confirm Inzaghi exit as coach prepares to take over at Inter

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/lazio-confirm-inzaghi-exit-as-coach-prepares-to-take-over-at/jy99oi720l4016he310k5ts25

The Italian tactician has officially departed Stadio Olimpico amid reports he is set to replace Antonio Conte at Inter

Lazio have confirmed that head coach Simone Inzaghi has left the club ahead of a move to take over at Serie A rivals Inter.

Inzaghi is set to replace Antonio Conte at San Siro following the 51-year-old's decision to part company with the Nerazzurri on Wednesday.

Inzaghi's departure from Stadio Olimpico has now been formally announced, bringing an end to his five-year stint in charge.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Juventus are a confused club. They got rid of Allegri because they wanted to move to a different playing style but are gonna him bring back because they couldn't go through the process of change with Sarri, Pirlo or someone else. 

54 minutes ago, Jas said:

Juventus are a confused club. They got rid of Allegri because they wanted to move to a different playing style but are gonna him bring back because they couldn't go through the process of change with Sarri, Pirlo or someone else. 

Juve and the mafia thug Agnelli clan can go get fucked with a jackhammer