The Serie A Thread

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Marcelo Bielsa appointed Lazio's new manager

http://www.espnfc.us/lazio/story/2908379/marcelo-bielsa-appointed-lazios-new-manager

I'm disappointed, he should have been at the PL. With the money a small team is getting he could have build a great side. 

Anyhow expect some good players to come out of there as he has done in all the team he's been.

Lazio say Marcelo Bielsa has resigned amid Argentina vacancy

http://www.espnfc.us/lazio/story/2909801/lazio-say-marcelo-bielsa-has-resigned-amid-argentina-vacancy

lol what a crazy guy. 

I still want to see him at the PL. But if he goes to the Argentinian national team no doubt they will be good once again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*bump*

Forrrrzzzzaaaaa INTER!!!! 

Mauro Icardi Da Gawd! So happy that Peter Ausilio, Morratti, and the Sunning Group were able to thwart Napoli's mega-money 60M Euro bid for him. He truly is the heart of this Inter squad. 

It's hard for me to draw big conclusions from this Derby D'Italia, because Juventus were just awful in every phase. Asamoah/Dybala/Pjanic kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas in midfield, players were misplacing simple passes time and time again, and Allegri got it all wrong leaving both Pjacca AND Cuadrado on the bench. He showed too much respect to Inter, which FDR gladly capitalized on.  

On the flip side, I can argue that if Frank De Boer hadn't set his team up to be that positive offensively, Inter wouldn't have been in a position to capitalize on all those Juventus mistakes, because we all know Mancini would have started both Medel AND Kongdogbia, and told Eder/Candreva to never pass the halfway line lol. I absolutely love the addition of Ever Banega, cannot believe he came on a free transfer. Inter Milan are also averaging the highest possession in Seria A at 64%. What a change from Mancini. 

@CHOULO19 Curious to hear your thoughts on yesterday's match. 

3 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

@CHOULO19 Curious to hear your thoughts on yesterday's match. 

I only caught glimpses of it as I had some visitors over at the time of the match.

So I have no idea about specifics but I predicted that Inter would win. It was so obvious, the motivation for Inter to win the match was on a completely different level than that of Juve's.

My best friend is an Interista and before the match my exact prediction was that "Inter would win this match but go on to lose 3 of their next 5 matches and de Boer would be sacked before Jan".

As for Juve, they're becoming more like PSG. It's becoming harder to motivate players for the league which they could win without breaking a sweat and unless the league as a whole improves it will be next to impossible for Juve to win the CL.

On 9/19/2016 at 8:36 PM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Mauro Icardi Da Gawd! So happy that Peter Ausilio, Morratti, and the Sunning Group were able to thwart Napoli's mega-money 60M Euro bid for him. He truly is the heart of this Inter squad. 

Great player and his goal scoring ratio is superb, something like 61 or 62 goals in 120 matches in all competitions for Inter. Think Chelsea was linked to him massively in one of the winter transfer windows. Can't remember which one it was though. The 2014 or the 2015 one. Now he is worth at least 70, maybe 80m with the new TV deal ready to kick in...

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 11:45 PM, CHOULO19 said:

My best friend is an Interista and before the match my exact prediction was that "Inter would win this match but go on to lose 3 of their next 5 matches and de Boer would be sacked before Jan".

Untitled.png 

Yes, I am actually psychic. :P

• 2 months later...