West Ham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Match outcome  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• West Ham victory
    • Goalless draw
    • Score draw
    • Chelsea victory
  2. 2. How many will the Blues score?

West Ham vs Chelsea

11 September 2010, 1500 KO - EPL, Upton Park

0,,12306~8669763,00.jpg

West Ham host leaders Chelsea in a Barclays Premier League encounter.

West Ham held the eventual champions to a 1-1 draw in the corresponding fixture last term, but Chelsea will be looking to retain local bragging rights after their 4-1 demolition of the Hammers in March.

Florent Malouda set up goals for Alex and Didier Drogba in that game and also scored a superb low strike after an excellent run - and the Frenchman has been showing similar conviction in front of goal this term, having scored four times in the league already.

Malouda scored 15 in total in the 2009/10 season - his best ever tally - and he will be looking to open the scoring for the fourth game running as he bids to better last term's form in front of goal.

The Blues have been boosted by the news that super Frankie Lampard will be back to face his old team, and he is likely to be joined by John Terry despite the Chelsea skipper having missed the international break. Can Lampard instigate another Chelsea masterclass to continue their perfect start to the season? And can Petr Cech maintain his superb clean sheet run?

MATCH CHAT HERE

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham will have been rested up as not many of their players are away on international duty. This means that they can give 110% while our players will have been all around the world for their respective countries.

I hope the referee doesn't try to even the game out as so usually happens when the big teams play weaker oppisition. Mike Dean, as always, in the same fixture last season was simply appalling...and that's leaving the Lampard penalty farce aside.

I'm more confident about this game then i was about Stoke.. Besides Parker's "hail mary" strike last time, they had nothing.. Now the boys are rested, hungry and raring to go! I would definetly look at putting The ex West Ham boy Benayoun on for a good 25 mins along with Ramires for around 20. I would think Mikel would be given a rest after 60-70 mins after international duty in which he had a long travel schedule and would probably be jet-lagged..

West Ham look awful at the moment, which is good news for us obviously. Our injury situation scares me more than West Ham tbh, especially if the reports of Mikel being injured in the Nigeria game are true. The midfield and defence will be interesting and I guess we'll only know more by Friday, hence I'm also delaying my Prediction League post till that time wink.gif

To be honest I won't be half suprised if they get a draw out of us. West Ham will not want to go 3 games withouth a win and they always up their game when we go to Upton Park, I still hope ofr a win but I can see this as a very tricky game.

Im actually feeling confident ,,think it will be a comfortable win

Lampard fit, Terry fit, myself inside the stadium among other Chelsea fans...can I ask for more? Can't wait!

would not start lamps or terry ...on the bench for them at most ...hope sturridge gets start along with ramires and yossi ...mikel not to play either ..

stupid to rush players back too soon