Official - Mancienne loaned to Wolves

Michael Mancienne has today rejoined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a season-long loan.

The 22-year-old defender spent 2009/10 with the Molineux club, making 33 appearances as Mick McCarthy's side achieved Barclays Premier League safety, finishing 15th.

The England Under 21 man also played 10 times for Wolves during 2008/09, when his form in the Championship earned him a call-up to the full England squad.

Later that season Mancienne, who can also play in holding midfield, made his Chelsea debut and went on to make six appearances in our colours under Guus Hiddink.

Prior to Wolves, he also played 61 times on loan at QPR between 2006 and 2008.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2134624,00.html

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the loaning out of players is really getting on my nerves ...seems we never get any benefits from loaning out players ...

remember Forsell ..just the first in a line of promising players sent out on loan never to return ...rant over ,,,,,FOR NOW:censored:

Fucking hell, where is this ever going to end? I hope this clearance of young players lately means that our most talented youngsters like Borini, Bruma, PvA and Kakuta get more chanches for the first team. Are Cork and Bertrand still with us btw?

Fucking hell, where is this ever going to end? I hope this clearance of young players lately means that our most talented youngsters like Borini, Bruma, PvA and Kakuta get more chanches for the first team. Are Cork and Bertrand still with us btw?

cork and bertrand both out on loan AGAIN

He isn't going to kick on and be world class. Especially not as a centre back.

Does he have to be world class though? Would have a very good squad utility player, cover for centre back, right back and holding midfield. Not every player that comes through can be a first team regular starter, we can use our youngsters for squad players also.

Does he have to be world class though? Would have a very good squad utility player, cover for centre back, right back and holding midfield. Not every player that comes through can be a first team regular starter, we can use our youngsters for squad players also.

my views exactly about Michael ....his versatility was a great bonus .

But I think it better to use people like Bruma who has a chance of becoming world class as cover and van aanholt et cetera, we have adequate amounts of cover already I think and better to use that extra cover as development opportunities too. Don't get me wrong I like Mancienne I just don't think he's a Chelsea quality player.

But I think it better to use people like Bruma who has a chance of becoming world class as cover and van aanholt et cetera, we have adequate amounts of cover already I think and better to use that extra cover as development opportunities too. Don't get me wrong I like Mancienne I just don't think he's a Chelsea quality player.

Our cover is dwindling all the time now, we have a squad of 20 now with 5 under 21's. It is either a massive show of faith for the young players or we are about to bring more bodies in. Mancienne could have covered a number of roles and it would't have meant stopping the development of other players, with our squad size there would have been games to have gone around.

Again blink.gif

It's official, our club absolutely sucks at developing and guiding talents for the first team. They just keep loaning them out without giving them a chance of showing what they got in a full season with the first team. I mean, would it really hurt to keep him in the squad ? Him being able to play multiple positions would really help us since our squad is really thin now (20 seniors!!!, we're screwed when a very possible injury wave strikes us). He could fill the Belleti role with ease.

We're probably going to end up buying expensive and foreign replacements for our current first XI players... shoot.gif

But we're never gana get the chance to find out if he keeps going on loan! He may slotted in fine but again off on loan.Half a season made a bit more sense but a whole one..

He won't make it at Chelsea... that's lame, why not sell him right now before his value goes abysmal? They loan him out for like a hundred times instead... ffs decide if he's gonna stay or go eventually, is it so hard?

Same shit as with Sinclair...clap.gif

Agreed. I've been critical of Mancienne but if he gets some experience he can be a useful back-up for us, much like Ferreira.