Official - Mancienne loaned to Wolves

Agreed. I've been critical of Mancienne but if he gets some experience he can be a useful back-up for us, much like Ferreira.

Hm yeah that's a point... he would've been a good squad player BUT that's not what the boy wants, he wants to start and if our board told him he definitely won't have a chance to be a regular starter he wouldn't have wanted to stay here.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He still has 3 yrs left on his contract. My thinking is that this will be the last yr out on loan. Paulo is most definitely going to be moved on next yr (he will be 32 by then) and for me Mancienne will be his replacement as the utility player from next yr onwards.

Disappointed that he has gone out again but not overly surprised. Sadly I dont think his future will lie with us now... going down the Scott Sinclair route, lots of promise, but not quite enough to get a crack in the first team. Mancienne is a PL player though and will forge a good career at a middle of the table club.

• 3 months later...

I thought he's on a season loan deal? The only way we can recall him is if Mick agrees..

It depends on whether a clause is put in the deal - in the case of Mancienne there must be as Ancelotti said it was an option.

What is really interesting in this case is that Mancienne himself said sometime ago that he rarely speaks to Ancelotti and that his future depends on our scouts rather than Ancelotti, we even tried to sell him to Wolves.

Now the club realized their colossal mistake* and may try to bring him back. One could argue that this u-turn has something to do with Arnesen's removal.

I, for one, hope that we bring both Mancienne and Matic back. We should have never loaned them out in the first place and using them + Sturridge would have greatly benefited our season. We cannot know if Ancelotti would start either of them but I suspect that Mancienne's 100+ career appearances and EPL experience would have made him more usable than McEachran or Bruma.

*Our squad size

It depends on whether a clause is put in the deal - in the case of Mancienne there must be as Ancelotti said it was an option.

What is really interesting in this case is that Mancienne himself said sometime ago that he rarely speaks to Ancelotti and that his future depends on our scouts rather than Ancelotti, we even tried to sell him to Wolves.

Now the club realized their colossal mistake* and may try to bring him back. One could argue that this u-turn has something to do with Arnesen's removal.

I, for one, hope that we bring both Mancienne and Matic back. We should have never loaned them out in the first place and using them + Sturridge would have greatly benefited our season. We cannot know if Ancelotti would start either of them but I suspect that Mancienne's 100+ career appearances and EPL experience would have made him more usable than McEachran or Bruma.

*Our squad size

Perhaps. Or like Sturridge he could have been another player in his early 20s with some Premier League experience still being treated like a 17 year old Josh McEachran.

I'm arguing him being a better and more usable choice for Ancelotti rather than him being a better defender than Bruma. Sturridge is better than Kalou yet the Ivorian gets picked for his experience.

We could use him to rest Mikel (the lad deserves it) and step in whenever 2 of our 3 senior CBs are missing.

With Alex recovering from surgery and both Terry and Bran being 1 card away from suspension another CB crisis is very likely and I can't see how Mancienne could be possibly worse than Paulo Ferreira at CB.