The Pre-Season Thread

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Basically players that were not with national teams in June are here. Others have more days or weeks of vacation.

Except Casadei. He played U20 WC final 3 weeks ago but is here. Probably wants to impress Poch.

Santos and Maatsen could have stayed out longer, but wanted to be there early to impress. Santos played his last full game just 10 days ago. Reece and Broja could have taken longer with rehab, I am sure they will ease them back into full training. It is good to see these guys wanting to be there day one.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Still wish he had a chance to work with some of our players before they left.

But I guess that was never going to happen with most of them wanting out so badly.

Shame he has to see the likes of Lukaku & Ziyech instead.

Hopefully Jackson & Nkunku being among the early arrivals means that they get some good training in under Poch before the preseason game. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I'll be glad if their replacements outperform them next season.

Until then. In doubt.

we got £125m for them with only 1 and 2 years left on their contracts and would had to pay around £150-160m in salary over the next 6 years to keep them

great business

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we got £125m for them with only 1 and 2 years left on their contracts and would had to pay around £150-160m in salary over the next 6 years to keep them

great business

Oh, I'm not denying the savings aspect of it. 

But if the savings aren't going to help us be a top 4 side., it will all be for naught.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Oh, I'm not denying the savings aspect of it. 

But if the savings aren't going to help us be a top 4 side., it will all be for naught.

well, losing Mount on a free or in Havertz case half the cash would not help us get top 4

and those 2 were part of the reason we were 12th last season as I see it

The only time I remember video of training in the past was when they invite the public to watch. Then it is just generic drills. I understand managers keeping their tactics close to the chest, but the part that would interest me is seeing them explaining to the players where they want them in their system and the options they have given situations by the opponent.