Hip Hop discussion

Aria

1 minute ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

THIS is straight copying of Future lmaooo

And Kanye didn't even change the verse for FSM pt.2 :lol:

Yeah I heard that one as well and was like "wow this could have been Future really". I can't believe Kanye signed this guy.

Kanye is not good at all when it comes to signing artists. He signs 'fans', or karaoke artists. By that i mean, Big Sean, this guy here, Cyhi, they all lack a personality, and they can all be compared to someone already out which is why they're all tepid. 

With Pusha as president of GOOD now actually, wouldn't he have brought this guy to Ye? Or did Ye just dismiss the fact there was a new president and just got the guy anyway? (a la Roman)

On 3/5/2016 at 0:55 PM, Term-X said:

Kano's new album is a classic.

KANO=GOAT. Best to ever do the grime ting. Also, any new artists I should be aware of in the grime scene? Just got put onto Krept and Konan, idk how i missed them last year when I was on top of the scene... 

Will continue to bump this live rip, because I can't wait till Summer for Turbo GRAFX16. 

@Kieran.  Denzel Curry's Imperial got a nigga drivin down Main Street like...

tumblr_ls5wfk9H0L1qfqhh3.gif

Denzel Curry aint let us down yet, once I heard ULT and GOOK back to back, it was over. 

47 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Lmao @Blue-in-me-Veins he raps like he's going super saiyan

I know right, Curry completely bodies tracks man. Still can't comprehend what he did to 'Ultimate' from his last project...get chills everytime. 

This Life ft. Ronny J, is the best track imo. I've had that song on repeat all morning. And, Denzel's choruses have really improved, particularly in ULT and This Life, so damn catchy and well done. 

9 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I know right, Curry completely bodies tracks man. Still can't comprehend what he did to 'Ultimate' from his last project...get chills everytime. 

This Life ft. Ronny J, is the best track imo. I've had that song on repeat all morning. And, Denzel's choruses have really improved, particularly in ULT and This Life, so damn catchy and well done. 

I love the track with Rick Ross, I heard him perform it maybe 4 or 5 months ago when he came on after ASAP Rocky played and had left. I know you know he's from Miami and shit so he must've been at the show and convinced the owner of the venue to go on after. It was a surprise show so all of a sudden him and his crew jump on stage and perform for 30-40 minutes. Fucking crazy. I miss Miami.

On the choruses, agreed they're incredibly catchy. He could've improved or he could be buying the choruses now. Heard a lot of cats are doing that in hip-hop now.

45 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

I love the track with Rick Ross, I heard him perform it maybe 4 or 5 months ago when he came on after ASAP Rocky played and had left. I know you know he's from Miami and shit so he must've been at the show and convinced the owner of the venue to go on after. It was a surprise show so all of a sudden him and his crew jump on stage and perform for 30-40 minutes. Fucking crazy. I miss Miami.

On the choruses, agreed they're incredibly catchy. He could've improved or he could be buying the choruses now. Heard a lot of cats are doing that in hip-hop now.

Funny that you mention Rick Ross. I was showing my friend the songs today and he said Rick Ross was the one that ruined a near perfect project.

My favorite track is Gook. First time I heard it I was like "whoa!".

16 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Funny that you mention Rick Ross. I was showing my friend the songs today and he said Rick Ross was the one that ruined a near perfect project.

My favorite track is Gook. First time I heard it I was like "whoa!".

You gotta at least appreciate the Carol City connection. Both Rick Ross and Curry are from the poor part of Miami full of housing projects and both of them made it out and are showing each other love. Not many make it out of Carol City.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The more I listen to TPAB the more I hate it.  Not that I think it is a bad album per Se, it isn't.  I just don't find it particularly pleasing to listen to, much like a lot of Eminem's work it is just too angry and aggressive for my tastes.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

The more I listen to TPAB the more I hate it.  Not that I think it is a bad album per Se, it isn't.  I just don't find it particularly pleasing to listen to, much like a lot of Eminem's work it is just too angry and aggressive for my tastes.

I still haven't bloody listened to it, just haven't been bothered. Heard some sample tracks before hand that I wasn't feeling.. Might be time :lol: