Piotr Leciejewski

Manuf

Blues track Polish keeper

West Londoners eye move for promising shot-stopper

The 25-year-old shot-stopper currently plies his trade in the Norwegian second-tier with Sogndal, and has caught the eye of the Blues.

Leciejewski joined his current club back in 2008, and chairman Egil Mundal admits he will move to a big side sooner rather than later.

"What I can say is that Piotr has got an enormous potential," he told Bergens Tidende.

"We know it's a question of time before he will play on a bigger stage."

Chelsea currently have three goalkeepers in their first-team squad, with No.1 Petr Cech backed up by Hilario and Ross Turnbull, while Rhys Taylor is on loan at Crewe.

Sky Sports

LOL, tbh I have never heard of him so don't even ask me if he's any good. But how cool it would be to have a polish player, goalkeeper in particular in Chelsea. I think he would be second polish player in Chelsea after Niedzwiecki. wub.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it`s pretty impressive that Chelsea have some scouts watching players in Norway atall,let alone watching second division players....i`ll give them some credit for that..but with all due respect to the lad..unlike the news article,i wouldn`t call a 25 year old keeper playing in the second division in Norway as "promising"...if he was a teenager then fair enough,we wouldn`t need him but atleast he could truthfully be classed as promising...can`t we raid some middle of the league german,french or Italian side`s for their keeper?

sure we couldn`t offer them the regular starter job,but atleast we could offer them the carrot of possibly starting in an FA cup final or a Champions league match etc...surely some keeper would bite on that for one year atleast.

Well for what I can see in the Video I have to say that he has 3 Good Thing...

He is Tall... at least 1.90 mts.

Good Reflex

Quick Reaction.

Now.... U guys have to remember In the GoalKeeper the age is diferent from the rest of the player... 25 is a Good age for a GoalKeeper in the important thing is that he make the team feal secure, not like Hilario and Turnball did....

Pete is enough.

Petr Cech can also be called Pete though.

I'm not sure about this possible signing, it's just the fact that he's unproven. I think we should go for a well-known keeper simply because it would be a lot easier to work with because we would already know his abilities.

25 is a good age for goalkeeper taking into consideration that they can play to their fourties. He is 1.95m which is something like 6'5.

But tbh I'd rather have us go for Wojtek Szczęsny from Arsenal who is IMO our 2nd best goalkeeper after Boruc who recently transfered to Fiorentina.

Wojtek is also around 6'5 and he is very confident, cheeky I'd say.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You