What does Chelsea still need to achieve in order to reach the status of teams such as Real or Barca

Swoopz

I think we would have to change the name of the club if we moved grounds and the bridge would be very difficult to expand so it looks as though we will be keeping things the way they are.

How about moving our stadium to actual Chelsea, leaving Fulham :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would have to change the name of the club if we moved grounds and the bridge would be very difficult to expand so it looks as though we will be keeping things the way they are.

shoot.gif

Man, why the fuck we would have to change our name ?!

shoot.gif

Man, why the fuck we would have to change our name ?!

I think when Ken Bates bought the club he didnt buy the stadium as it was owned by some property developers so when he eventually got it back Chelsea Pitch Owners was created. It was to stop us ever losing the stadium again, the guy above has posted a link to wiki explaining why we couldnt use the name in more detail.

with regards to fan base ,,,yes there 5 pl teams in london ,,,but london is far larger then pool or manchester ,,,in addition there are no other clubs south of the river

we own most of kent ,,should have Surrey and Sussex as well ...that is a massive crowd potential ,,,remember the number of rival clubs in Lancashire ..

we could fill a 60 000 stadium and this would ensure our growth

We'd have to move or knock down the hotel though, there simply isn't enough room, and if we moved, we'd no longer be Chelsea FC sad.gif

Why can't the club just buy the rights for the name and the stadium from the Pitch Owners? Probably a stupid question cause if it was possible they would've done it already, but I don't know exactly what's the problem?

i think chelsea have already moved few steps forward towards that status . i mean few years back you would never find players like aguero , silva , ramires , neymar saying that they are honored just to be linked with chelsea or other like ribery saying we are one of the biggest clubs in the world .

also some players like lukaku seems to be a great fan of chelsea and Drogba so as long as we keep on doing what we are doing we will win more , attract more great players and then young players will want to play for us and we are there as one of the greatest teams in the world . i would give it another 4 or 5 years .