Ballack reflects on Chelsea, Bayer, Germany

Madmax

I would have loved to finish my career at Chelsea, one of the top clubs in the Premier League and in Europe and I admit they were my number one option when my contract expired last summer.

I know I had the backing of the coach, but unfortunately it didn't happen and I had move on to my next challenge with Leverkusen. I don't feel any bitterness towards Chelsea and I hope they keep on winning. Ancelotti is an excellent organiser, they have the footballing ability, character and physical strength. I see them as one of the favourites for the Champions League in 2011.

I started regularly and I'm proud of the part I played in our Double. As a foreigner in English football, it was even more satisfying.

It's a special club where I spent four great years. We won many trophies in my time there, with the fantastic league and cup Double last season, two other FA Cup victories (2007, 2009) and the League Cup (2007) giving me great memories. Right from the moment I signed in 2006, I was treated very well by the people at the club and there was always a great spirit in the squad. We had many champions in the team, six or seven national team captains, and yet our biggest asset was unity, with all these top class players putting egos in their pockets for the good of the team. It's pretty unique in my opinion.

Full interview here.

Farewell and the best of luck to a genuine Chelsea legend. emo8.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think if he quite achieved legend status but a fabulous servant to the club and a genuine footballing superstar. He achieved as much for this club off the field as he on it - his shirt made is millions, he was a fantastic signing from a marketing point of view. But his contribution was usually faultless, a genuine and honest footballer whose experience and versatility will be missed.

He's truly loved over here in Germany - so I'm more than happy he's found these nice words for the greatest club of all time :)

His attitude and experience will be missed... always a great player, so unlucky he didn't win the Champions League...

That doesn't make him a Chelsea legend.

He won it with us. Always committed on the pitch, brought experience and leadership to the squad. Respect for the club and fans. Better than some of the so-called childhood supporters who didn't give a fuck about putting on a Red jersey for 10000 more.

Ballack is an amazing player, and an amazing personality, unlike Joe Cole, who fucked off to Liverpool without a trace, told media he had just joined the best club in the country and then got a red card on his debut.

I'd love to see Ballack return to the club one day, maybe as a coach! He is always welcome back at Chelsea. Good luck at Bayer Ballack! :)

the last league match ...he gave the team talk on the pitch at half time ...sorting out drogs tantrum ...

a true leader ,,true professional ...if you cant think of him as a legend then show some respect and appreciation for what he gave us ..

He won it with us. Always committed on the pitch, brought experience and leadership to the squad. Respect for the club and fans. Better than some of the so-called childhood supporters who didn't give a fuck about putting on a Red jersey for 10000 more.

Well said !! emo3.gif I dont know why Joey has even failed to acknowledge the fans... No one was supported and cheered from the stands as much as him and yet, for some gripe he had towards the board for not giving an improved contract - he fails to acknowledge the 7 yrs he spent here !! A real lack of class...

Ballack on the other hand acknowledges the fact that the manager wanted him to stay but it was more of a board decision not to give him a new contract... A genuine superstar of world football.. Maybe not a legend considering he spent only 4 yrs with us but he has definitely done more in those yrs than what Joe did in 7 !!!

Oh come on. Ballack played well in Chelsea shirt. But honestly would you expect anything else from experienced 30yo? It would be a shame if he hasn't played well. Respected player but not Legend.