The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

God Bless them! I will be forever grateful that I only had my babies one at a time! They are a lot of work and expensive when there is one, I can't imagine having to cope with 5 babies at one time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At which point do sleeping patterns become completely fucked up? Asking for a friend.

Well, see if mine fit the criteria...

I 'wake up' at 6:00am to go to prep course and comeback at 13:30pm. Then, I eat lunch, go to the gym and stay about an hour doing whatever I want. At about 4pm I sleep and only wake up at 11-12pm. At night, I stay up doing all sorts of stuff and studying like a slave. When I look at the clock, it is already 5:50am and I dont sleep! :cry:

But it is not like this the entire year, it usually happens because I do it for one exam and then it goes like this the entire month or so!

At which point do sleeping patterns become completely fucked up? Asking for a friend.

Well, see if mine fit the criteria...

I 'wake up' at 6:00am to go to prep course and comeback at 13:30pm. Then, I eat lunch, go to the gym and stay about an hour doing whatever I want. At about 4pm I sleep and only wake up at 11-12pm. At night, I stay up doing all sorts of stuff and studying like a slave. When I look at the clock, it is already 5:50am and I dont sleep! :cry:

But it is not like this the entire year, it usually happens because I do it for one exam and then it goes like this the entire month or so!

Raphael, your problem is that you are sleeping 7-8 hours in the afternoon/ evening. So, it is not that your sleep pattern is screwed up but that you sleep like some one working 3rd shift! If you want to break the cycle you need to gradually cut back your afternoon sleep time.

Amels, depends on when you need to be awake!

After my sisters and niece died, I would go to bed at 9 pm but could not stay asleep, I woke every hour or two... That is not healthy because you can not reach REM. my doctor gave me medication to help me. Other remedies if you are just having trouble staying asleep are unisom, melatonin, Tylenol PM, or even Benadryl. Some are US trade names but I can send you a care package when I get home to the US in July. :) send me a PM if you would like me too :)

Raphael, your problem is that you are sleeping 7-8 hours in the afternoon/ evening. So, it is not that your sleep pattern is screwed up but that you sleep like some one working 3rd shift! If you want to break the cycle you need to gradually cut back your afternoon sleep time.

Amels, depends on when you need to be awake!

After my sisters and niece died, I would go to bed at 9 pm but could not stay asleep, I woke every hour or two... That is not healthy because you can not reach REM. my doctor gave me medication to help me. Other remedies if you are just having trouble staying asleep are unisom, melatonin, Tylenol PM, or even Benadryl. Some are US trade names but I can send you a care package when I get home to the US in July. :) send me a PM if you would like me too :)

I used Melatonin to counter the jet lag effects of kids that wake up every two hours in the night. It got me back to a normal sleep cycle again, so I don't need it anymore.

Tell her .... Hey meid, is dat een ladder in je kous of gewoon de weg naar de hemel ?

Works every time :-)

I speak Afrikaans and from what I can tell it seems like you said, is that a ladder in your stocking or the stairway to heaven?