The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

As long as you dont make any comment on the last 3-4 pages it is all fine! :)

Too tired to go back and read what you you're talking about....Meh I don't care, all I care about is that my finals are finally done!! :delight:

Too tired to go back and read what you you're talking about....Meh I don't care, all I care about is that my finals are finally done!! :delight:

Dont do it, not worth your time!

I go back to University in one week. No more playing Civilization V and refreshing TC every other turn. :cry:

Dont do it, not worth your time!

I go back to University in one week. No more playing Civilization V and refreshing TV every other turn. :cry:

Which civ do you play with most? I tend to like Egypt as I love wonders, Persia, or Russia (best at end game total war).

Which civ do you play with most? I tend to like Egypt as I love wonders, Persia, or Russia (best at end game total war).

Persia and Inca for wars (no doubt), Russia for wonders, Elezabeth for Island Map and Germany for fun (like, not looking to win it).

Persia and Inca for wars (no doubt), Russia for wonders, Elezabeth for Island Map and Germany for fun (like, not looking to win it).

Elizabeth is killer on an island map (Dutch are pretty good too). I usually like long games where I build lots of wonders and defend early but my technological and cultural advantages mean that by the end I'm walloping them with my death robots. When I want to play for fun, I choose Spain. If you get a wonder anywhere near you, it's amazing. If you don't, you've got no chance.

Elizabeth is killer on an island map (Dutch are pretty good too). I usually like long games where I build lots of wonders and defend early but my technological and cultural advantages mean that by the end I'm walloping them with my death robots. When I want to play for fun, I choose Spain. If you get a wonder anywhere near you, it's amazing. If you don't, you've got no chance.

There is no fun playing with England on Island Map, it is difficult to lose!

I never played with Spain, nothing appealing. No advantage at all....

I play on large map (10 civ and 20 cities) and epic clock. What about you?

There is no fun playing with England on Island Map, it is difficult to lose!

I never played with Spain, nothing appealing. No advantage at all....

I play on large map (10 civ and 20 cities) and epic clock. What about you?

I always tweak my maps. Sometimes, I play with no barbarians because I find them a nuisance that detracts from what I enjoy about the game (good way to run up XP for troops though and obviously can't do that if you're playing Germany) . I play quick games if I am going for some non-military victory but longer if I want to go military. I occasionally take city states off completely which makes the game very different. I usually like bigger maps and large continents. Sometimes, I play earth. Sometimes everything else.

The advantage of Spain can be enormous. If you find a wonder near you, it's a huge early-game boost. You get $500 (which you can then use to settle the wonder or buy a massive army to take over.) If you get El Dorado, you start off with $1,000 which makes you unstoppable. Also, if you settle next to the wonder, it doubles its output which would be a massive boost every turn (it can give you +20 gold or +10 culture, or whatever). The conquistadors are amazing for settling continents. (They are horseman that can turn into settlers) although the other special troop is pretty crap. Definitely worth giving them a spin.

I always tweak my maps. Sometimes, I play with no barbarians because I find them a nuisance that detracts from what I enjoy about the game (good way to run up XP for troops though and obviously can't do that if you're playing Germany) . I play quick games if I am going for some non-military victory but longer if I want to go military. I occasionally take city states off completely which makes the game very different. I usually like bigger maps and large continents. Sometimes, I play earth. Sometimes everything else.

The advantage of Spain can be enormous. If you find a wonder near you, it's a huge early-game boost. You get $500 (which you can then use to settle the wonder or buy a massive army to take over.) If you get El Dorado, you start off with $1,000 which makes you unstoppable. Also, if you settle next to the wonder, it doubles its output which would be a massive boost every turn (it can give you +20 gold or +10 culture, or whatever). The conquistadors are amazing for settling continents. (They are horseman that can turn into settlers) although the other special troop is pretty crap. Definitely worth giving them a spin.

Now that is something interesting. I never thought of removing the city-states, they are a pain in the arse. But how the UN voting works with no cities? Isnt it an instant win (because the capital it is in gets 2 votes)?

I also play with no Barbarians, hate them. I know they give you a good boost at the begining, but I prefer no irritating acampaments white scouting!

I think you will love the Gengis Khan, he is really good for expansion and his horse troops are awesome. The problem is that his main advantage comes in the middle of the game, if you are not ahead when you discover coal and oil, game over.

I will give Spain a try, like right now! :lol:

Now that is something interesting. I never thought of removing the city-states, they are a pain in the arse. But how the UN voting works with no cities? Isnt it an instant win (because the capital it is in gets 2 votes)?

I will give them a try, like right now! :lol:

I forgot to mention, I often disable certain victory types. Sometimes I go just military. Sometimes, military and cultural.Sometimes military, cultural or UN voting. I hate the science win because it just seems silly and I find it too easy so I almost never use it. Let me know how it goes!

I forgot to mention, I often disable certain victory types. Sometimes I go just military. Sometimes, military and cultural.Sometimes military, cultural or UN voting. I hate the science win because it just seems silly and I find it too easy so I almost never use it. Let me know how it goes!

Now that is cheating, you will never lose if you disable everything else when going to wipe out the map. The most fun part is seing the last city you need to conquer building the spaceship!

P.S: I have edit the above post...

Now that is cheating, you will never lose if you disable everything else when going to wipe out the map. The most fun part is seing the last city you need to conquer building the spaceship!

P.S: I have edit the above post...

"the last city you conquer, building the spaceship"???

Are you high Rmpr? :D