The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

image.jpg

Messi immortalized in Spanish language,

The latest edition of the Santillana dictionary is boasting a new word ‘inmessionante’. It is an adjective which is defined as:

1.) The perfect way to play football, an unlimited ability to self-improve.

2.) Describes the best player of all time.

Lol they're taking the piss, obviously.

I can't read 'Zidane' anywhere...

image.jpg

Messi immortalized in Spanish language,

The latest edition of the Santillana dictionary is boasting a new word inmessionante. It is an adjective which is defined as:

1.) The perfect way to play football, an unlimited ability to self-improve.

2.) Describes the best player of all time.

Messi aint better than Pele nor Zidane...

You know what the word 'ain't' means? Haha, Zidade...

From what I learned it is a different (informal) way of saying isnt or arent..

LOL, that is what you get for typing while driving at 120km/h!

Anyways, I'm back to SP. :(

From what I learned it is a different (informal) way of saying isnt or arent..

LOL, that is what you get for typing while driving at 120km/h!

Anyways, I'm back to SP. :(

Yeah, it's used in that sense fairly often buuuuut. Ain't is actually a really weird word, personally I hate even though I use it often.

It's actually a contraction of 'am' and 'not'.

'I ain't Irish.' = 'I am not Irish.'

They don't really teach that word in Primary School or High School here, the only reason I know is that I stumbled upon it studying one day.

Yeah, it's used in that sense fairly often buuuuut. Ain't is actually a really weird word, personally I hate even though I use it often.

It's actually a contraction of 'am' and 'not'.

'I ain't Irish.' = 'I am not Irish.'

They don't really teach that word in Primary School or High School here, the only reason I know is that I stumbled upon it studying one day.

In the American South, it's more than that. It's also used instead of haven't (as in "I ain't seen him in 2 weeks") and doesn't as in "that cat ain't got no tail". I never use it because it really doesn't shorten anything "I'm not Irish" ain't no harder to say than "I ain't Irish".I almost never hear it used in person except when people want to do southern accents..

In the American South, it's more than that. It's also used instead of haven't (as in "I ain't seen him in 2 weeks") and doesn't as in "that cat ain't got no tail". I never use it because it really doesn't shorten anything "I'm not Irish" ain't no harder to say than "I ain't Irish".I almost never hear it used in person except when people want to do southern accents..

That's somewhat common in Australia too. Particularly with the people that are more or less proud of their ignorance. It's an ugly word.

That's somewhat common in Australia too. Particularly with the people that are more or less proud of their ignorance. It's an ugly word.

You need to give "ain't love"...let's call it (t)ainted love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWrLhgiX74

(agree with you that it's an awful word actually)

@, is that Brazil? :ph34r:

AUzMD.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brazil in paulistas' point of view would be more accurate to say :D

P.S: I've lived in "Não Existe" (does not exist), "Só Mato" (Only grass/jungle/forest), Bahia (Bahia), "Duplas Sertanejas" (Country music Duets?), São Paulo (São Paulo) and Bichas (Fags).

I'd like to live in Queijo (cheese) for once in my life. It seems to me like an awesome place to live in.

Brazil in paulistas' point of view would be more accurate to say :D

P.S: I've lived in "Não Existe" (does not exist), "Só Mato" (Only grass/jungle/forest), Bahia (Bahia), "Duplas Sertanejas" (Country music Duets?), São Paulo (São Paulo) and Bichas (Fags).

I'd like to live in Queijo (cheese) for once in my life. It seems to me like an awesome place to live in.

LOOOL

It only shows the reality! :lol: