The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Missed you around here, Kerry!

Thanks, life has been crazy busy with the move, getting the kids settled, accidentally getting myself a job for the fall, and my mum has been in hospital.

I am ready for a vacation too bad now that we are back in the US those will be few and far between. :(

How have you been?

Thanks, life has been crazy busy with the move, getting the kids settled, accidentally getting myself a job for the fall, and my mum has been in hospital.

I am ready for a vacation too bad now that we are back in the US those will be few and far between. :(

How have you been?

Hey. Was just thinking today that you haven't been on here in a while.

How do you manage to "accidentally" get a job? I can't even get one intentionally! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your mom. How's she doing now? Much better hopefully?

I can imagine how settling in to a new country will be difficult for a family even if it is your original home. Hopefully you'll be back to your daily routine soon :)

Not much going on with me. I graduate in 3 weeks, and this insanely busy exam period can't end quick enough. This past month has felt longer than my entire 5 years in university!

Hey. Was just thinking today that you haven't been on here in a while.

How do you manage to "accidentally" get a job? I can't even get one intentionally! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your mom. How's she doing now? Much better hopefully?

I can imagine how settling in to a new country will be difficult for a family even if it is your original home. Hopefully you'll be back to your daily routine soon :)

Not much going on with me. I graduate in 3 weeks, and this insanely busy exam period can't end quick enough. This past month has felt longer than my entire 5 years in university!

I volunteered to do cover work or as it is called in the US substituting at my kids school and the head master asked me to come in and interview for a position in science. It will only be part time this year which is good for now, if it turns into full time the next year or the year after that would be good. I will be teaching one IB Chem and two 9th grade biology classes!

It is the same way I ended up teaching in China! LOL

We miss the pace of life in Shanghai and our friends. We just found out our closest friends are headed home to Australia, so I would have been very lonely after that. Of course this just means now I want to visit them! Of course now that we are back our families expect more regular visits... That will be an adjustment!

My mom is doing better physically but mentally it is like she suddenly has dementia. She is hard to understand, her grasp on what is happening is not there. It is hard because it was so sudden. My dad has hired someone to help him with the household chores and take him to doctor appointments which will remove some of the burden from my sister (the only one of us to still live by our parents).

Oh! Good luck on your exams! I know you'll do great! Looking forward to congratulating you!!! :)

I volunteered to do cover work or as it is called in the US substituting at my kids school and the head master asked me to come in and interview for a position in science. It will only be part time this year which is good for now, if it turns into full time the next year or the year after that would be good. I will be teaching one IB Chem and two 9th grade biology classes!

It is the same way I ended up teaching in China! LOL

We miss the pace of life in Shanghai and our friends. We just found out our closest friends are headed home to Australia, so I would have been very lonely after that. Of course this just means now I want to visit them! Of course now that we are back our families expect more regular visits... That will be an adjustment!

My mom is doing better physically but mentally it is like she suddenly has dementia. She is hard to understand, her grasp on what is happening is not there. It is hard because it was so sudden. My dad has hired someone to help him with the household chores and take him to doctor appointments which will remove some of the burden from my sister (the only one of us to still live by our parents).

Oh! Good luck on your exams! I know you'll do great! Looking forward to congratulating you!!! :)

Thanks, a lot Kerry, appreciate it :)

Congrats on the job, you must have really impressed them when you substituted.

So sorry, to hear about your mom. Must be very hard. Something similar happened to my Grandma a few years back when she suddenly stopped making sense and knowing what's going on around her, so I can relate on some level. Hopefully your mom can make a full recovery.

But it was great seeing some posts from you on here. Do try to come on here more often if you have time, we miss you :)