Steve Clarke

As you probably know, Steve Clarke left West Ham by mutual consent last month after Zola's sacking. Since he's a free agent now, I quite like the idea of his return here. Come to think of it, his return could only help us, with him being a popular figure with the lads during the Mourinho and Grant days. Your thoughts.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we shouldn't mess with the current formula.

Totally agree, i see no reason at all to bring in Steve Clarke. Our current set up is fine and works very well, Ray and Clem are very good at their jobs and work well with Carlo.

In all honesty, i would love to have Steve back. But for his own sake i don't think he should. He is good enough to be coaching his own team and have his own assistant. Whether it be a League 1 team or a lower EPL team. I think he is more then capable of doing it. The way things are now with the management team there would be no reason to change things either!

the headline is a bit misleading..it makes it sound like he has returned to the club..

a Chelsea great due to his years of solid play for the club and his time as a coach......Carlo & Butch seem to work well together tho..so i don`t see a place for him on the current staff other than perhaps being a position coach with the academy..

In all honesty, i would love to have Steve back. But for his own sake i don't think he should. He is good enough to be coaching his own team and have his own assistant. Whether it be a League 1 team or a lower EPL team. I think he is more then capable of doing it. The way things are now with the management team there would be no reason to change things either!

I concur...i also think he could easily manage any team in the SPL.

Sorry mate. English isn't my first language so I do make mistakes once in a while :)

ah no worries...was nothing major..

your english is a lot better than it is in many parts of England...and well.. in Liverpool & Newcastle they speak no english atall!

I doubt he'd want to return as an academy coach or a similar role. He's picked up enough experience during his time as a No2 with some of the best managers football has to offer. He'll use that experience to make a name for himself as a top manager.