Ashley Cole - will he go?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a good chance he will leave, he's not exactly the most loved person in England, if reports of people trying to drive him out of the country are true then I don't think it will take much for him to leave.

But I hope Chelsea show some backbone in trying to keep him or slapping a huge price tag on him after the whole Robinho thing.

After a poor world cup, he can leave for this price...no problem.

what has an International team tournament got to do with Club football, in regard to who we should let go?

Champions league is a higher standard of Football and Cole does fine in those Tournaments..infact he is one of the main reasons Messi always looks average when he plays against us.

and anyway..England had a poor tournament..not Ashley himself.

Are you kidding? he's been one of our best players for the past 2/3 seasons and one of the most consistent performers.

He was England's best player in the tournament but it was a poor tournament overall for the whole team. What has his performance for his country got to do with it?

• 3 weeks later...
Chairman Bruce Buck is adamant that Ashley Cole will be part of Chelsea’s squad as they aim to retain the Premier League title, while claiming a move to Real Madrid would not ease his personal issues. The 29-year-old England international left-back has been hotly tipped to be reunited with former Blues boss Jose Mourinho, who has taken over at the Bernabeu this summer, as he looks to escape the British tabloid press’ focus on his private life following his split from wife Cheryl Cole.

However, Buck has dismissed the possibility of Cole joining Real Madrid and claims his problems would not disappear by simply moving to Spain.

“Ashley Cole is not for sale,” Buck said. “That’s the bottom line on that. There’s no doubt that he’s going to be a Chelsea player this season.”

He added: “Obviously, he is not happy with how his private life has become the focus of everything around him and I think we’d like to work with him so that he has a bit of a lower profile.

“We don’t think the problem will change if he went to somewhere else outside of the UK, so I think we want to work with him here to make his personal life more enjoyable.”

Football betting blog: Buck ends Cole exit talk

LOL are you suggesting we sell Drogba? Barca to sell Messi? Give me a break, Ashley is still the best left back in the world.

oh i don`t know...i`m glad he doesn`t manage Chelsea...but i`d love to see him in charge at Barcelona,Real Madrid,Man U,Bayern etc...

I'd like him to be in charge of Atletico or Liverpool so Torres or Aguero after shitty performance on WC could come to us. Although Aguero wasn't so shitty, he just didn't get enough playing time.

He is defiitely stayng then, Carlo echoed Buck's comments in this Premier League football article. I have to admit I was worried A Cole would leave this summer so to hear two of the top men at Chelsea say that he is staying makes me feel a whole lot better about the coming season!!

The Beeb

Ashley Cole to remain at Chelsea, says Carlo Ancelotti

_48397928_ashleycole.jpg Cole has been the subject of much transfer speculation this summer Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti insists Ashley Cole will be at the club next season and dismissed speculation the Blues would move for Fernando Torres.

Defender Cole has been linked to Real Madrid but Ancelotti said: "Cole will be important for us next season. 100%."

The Italian also ruled out a move for Liverpool's Torres by claiming there are already enough strikers at Chelsea.

Michael Essien, meanwhile, scored the only goal of the game on his comeback from a knee injury at Crystal Palace.

Cole, 29, did not play in the friendly match as he is still on holiday after the World Cup in South Africa.

But in his absence the former Arsenal player has been associated with a move to join former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at the Bernabeu, not least because of his split from his wife Cheryl Cole.

Ancelotti stated he had not spoken to the England left-back about his future, but said he had no need to.

"I didn't speak with him, I don't need to speak with him and he doesn't need to speak to me," he said.

The former AC Milan boss also quashed suggestions that he would be making a move for Spanish front man Torres.

o.gif 606: DEBATE Twas a nice goal and a good performance from him (as usual) <br clear="all"> mary poppins "I don't think we need other strikers," he said. "Nothing has changed because in the next days we have Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Salomon Kalou back and we have Daniel Sturridge."

Despite the narrow victory at Crystal Palace, the return of Essien was a boost for Chelsea as he has been absent since January with a knee ligament problem.

The 27-year-old midfielder, who missed Ghana's 2010 World Cup campaign in South Africa, struck on the hour with left-foot shot from the edge of the area and was immediately substituted.

"Everything is good and there is no reaction from the training, so things are looking good for me," said Essien after the friendly.

Ancelotti added: "It was an important return, he came back very well and played very well.

"He is a fantastic player, we missed him last season and we hope he can do the best for this season."

Despite missing the majority of his big names, who, like Cole, are taking a break following the World Cup, Ancelotti could reflect on a positive afternoon's work against the Championship side at Selhurst Park.

Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel also returned to action after recovering from the minor knee surgery in May, which also ruled him out of the World Cup.

Goalkeeper Petr Cech and defender Alex were the only other first-team players to feature in a squad predominantly made up of reserves and youth team players, including 15-year-old Nathaniel Chalobah, who is part of England's under-17 team.

Last season's Double winners continue their preparations for the defence of their Premier League title and the FA Cup next Friday against Ajax in Amsterdam.

The Blues then conclude their pre-season plans with two fixtures in Germany, taking on Eintracht Frankfurt on 1 August followed by a trip to Hamburg three days later.

The west Londoners play Manchester United in the FA Community Shield on 8 August and kick off their league season at home to West Bromwich Albion on 14 August.