Eintracht Frankfurt vs Chelsea

Seriously mate you dont wanna see these highlights.

Lol Yea Sounds like it haha, I cant wait for Hamburg and for Gael Kakuta to get some god dam game time and give us that special spark. UP BLUES

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinclair showing yet again to me that he should stay. He is so determined to have a place, i think it would be vital to his chances and could help influence the youngsters also. He has too much talent to be wasted on another loan where he would be unused. What we need to do is use him as a super sub, and to replace Kalou because Kalou is just awful.

MacEachran's pass for the chance Borini missed was wonderful,Matic was solid and Patrick was great.Hilario's blunders affected the team in the 2nh half,I'm sure we would have scored another one if we didn't have to worry about him ruining our defense every single time.

2nd consecutive loss but I'm more worried about our performance in the 1st half of the game.

^ The first half performance I only got to see about 30 mins, we were building well imo. Scrapped all that long ball shit in the first 20 minutes which I absolutely hate. (as in build up to the final third then go for a long ball, wasn't working)

Anyway, I want us to win our next game, no questions asked, no individual mistakes or anything just destroy the other team, working hats on and do the business. I don't think it will happen though, we won't see the first team until next Sunday!

2nd consecutive loss but I'm more worried about our performance in the 1st half of the game.

Guess better to have a bad pre season to see where changes need to be made etc then get to the start of the season then have problems.Gives Carlo more time to access things and all that jazz

I think what we can all conclude (well i came to this conclusion a long time ago) is that the diamond really isn't the formation for our team and Chelsea FC in general if you ask me. 4-3-3 is the perfect formation for us. Our youth teams also play in a 4-3-3 formation. The diamond doesn't work and we really suck when we play it and Ancelotti should really stop using it.

Like Ajax and Barcelona, it's just ''our'' formation and we should just stick to it.

This has been such a disjointed pre season.......... but it will have no bearing at all to how our season plays out. Most of the team have only been back a week.

The second half was much better than the first, down to having players on who have had a longer pre season barring lamps and Riccy C. It was a good workout and Frankfurt really gave us a tough time physically considering it was pre season. 2 more games and 1 2 more weeks to get everyone up to speed.

The game was all over the place. Pretty disappointing but not too discouraged considering the first team players have only been back for a week or so.

My thoughts were as follows:

All round defensive display was terrible and will need to be worked on before season start. But that said we did have some youth in both halves. It can only get better from here on in.

Zhirkov's decision making needs to be improved. At one stage he stole the ball and instead of passing it off so we could break and have 4 on 2, he decided to shoot. Now i understand that this is a friendly but it should still be taken seriously.

Benayoun's performance was ok. He seemed a little lost at times. I think it was the formation we were playing but i think he will need to work on his positioning and this will improve over time. Not a bad first performance for us.

The young lads seem to be doing well for them selves. It will be interesting to see them back during the season and see how they run against some better opposition and in a more serious match. Also looking forward to seeing Gael next game!