Official: Ballack joins Leverkusen

Michael Ballac, Germany's injured captain, has signed a two-year deal with Bayer Leverkusen, returning to the club he led to the Champions League final in 2002.

Ballack, whose contract at Chelsea has expired, will return to the Bundesliga after four seasons at Stamford Bridge. The 33-year-old played for Bayer Leverkusen from 1999 to 2002 before moving to Bayern Munich for three seasons.

"Coming back to Bayer Leverkusen is completing the circle," Ballack said. "I had a great time and a successful run here that brings back happy memories I think about a lot. That reinforced my decision to return."

German media reports said Ballack's two-year deal was worth 12 million euros. Rivals VfL Wolfsburg reportedly offered considerably more money.

Ballack was ruled out of Germany's World Cup side after suffering an ankle injury in May.

He has won four Bundesliga titles - one with Kaiserslautern and three with Bayern Munich. He also won domestic titles with Chelsea.

Source

EDIT: Mod might wanna sort the title out unsure.gif

Edited by TrueChelseaBlue

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. His stats are very good as well.

Chase the ref time

He should have knocked that motherfu**er down!

Good news to hear that he's coming back to his home. He started there and hopfully he will end up there aswell.

I hope his international career isn't over, as well. He deserves his final swansong at the European Championships in 2012.

Yeah! I think he deserves another shot at an International Championship after he was ruled out of the World Cup.

He's a fantastic player, and I really hope he does well at Bayer Leverkusen! Thankyou Michael for 4 magnificent years of your service!

You know guys and Girls What I thing is Wrong in here...

We let go Ballack, Deco, Belleti, and Joe Cole...

And we all thing.... A good replacement for Ballack, mmmm maybe Bastian ... mm Good...

We let Go Belleti... so some thing mmm Di Maria... nice...

Let Go Joe Cole and thing.... Mmm Kun Aguero... mmm maybe Ozil now...

And you know what... I can´t see any of those guys coming to Chelsea... maybe one if we are lucky and spend lot of money... So we let them go for Hope s and Dreams... and that´s it...

If we are going to fight with Farza or Real Madrid with JOse in there... for Bastian our record of fights with them are.... 0 Winnings, 10 KO, we always loose...even when a player wants to come to us we loose... Robinho was the perfect example,.... so why make the effort ... keep ballack 2 more years and forget the money spend and the embarresment of loosing big players again....and the trouble now that we may not find someone like ballack.... and the worst thing is that Ballack wants to stay...

I really can not understans Chelsea position about transfer... we only win players that we keep and are in love with the club and those nobody elsea wants...

• 2 weeks later...