Drogba injured

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should not playin the sate he is in why are ivory coast doing this ?

Because Drogba's a warrior.. Haha

Ivory Coast need Drogba, without him they'll be mentally stunned

& If there is a chance he can play in the World Cup I doubt either Drogba or Ivory will pass it up

I've been at work all day and heard about this from a colleage, I have been gutted all day for Didi, he deserves to show the world how good his is, I am certain he would score goals in this World Cup, I really really hope he recovers as quickly as possible and is able to take part, he deserves it.

GOOD LUCK DIDIER.

Any updates?

Earlier in the day a national federation spokesman revealed they were awaiting further medical tests, but claimed Drogba could even feature when they kick off their World Cup campaign against Portugal on June 15. "He's not at all out of the World Cup," he said. "He can still play.

"We don't know if he will be able to play the first game -- that depends on the verdict of the medical team. But he's definitely not out (of the tournament)."

Can't say for sure whether he's out or not, I'm sure Ivory Coast are working hard to see if he can participate at all. I personally doubt it, but look like it'll be a wait

Gutted for hime. My worry is I hope that the powers that be at the Ivory Coast don't rush him back to play if he's not ready. The consequences could be dire for Chelsea.

Ahhhh FFS. Was really looking forward to watching Didier :( Shattered for him.

yeah me too.

i had Ivory Coast in my top 5 short list of teams which would do good in the WC, because of Drogba of course. The WC seems to lose its star players...

The way I look at is, think about what happened with Essien during the ACON and the fact he hasn't played for Chelsea since then, that's my worry with Drogs or any Chelsea player that gets injured. OK, it depends on the injury, and i'd rather the player concerned get's the proper treatment and rest to make sure before returning to training.

Good news being reported today..

Drogba's rejoined the Ivory Coast squad

•'His recovery has been extremely encouraging'

No word yet about when he'll be fit to play.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/07/world-cup-2010-didier-Drogba

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2010/0607/1224272029496.html

http://sport.stv.tv/fifa-world-cup/countries/ivory-coast/181478-Drogba-to-rejoin-ivory-coast-team-mates/