FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Portsmouth

BlueLion.

It means only the English will rate the FA cup as more important than/in the same position as the CL.

1. EPL

2. CL

3. FA

4. Carling

I would say:

1- CL

2- EPL

3- FA Cup

4- Curling Cup

If Chelsea had lost EPL, FA final woud mean nothing.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say:

1- CL

2- EPL

3- FA Cup

4- Curling Cup

If Chelsea had lost EPL, FA final woud mean nothing.

I kind of agree but it's still better than winning nothing.

It is hard not to be confidnet going into this game given the form of the players. But Pompey have been planning for this ever since they beat Spurs, they have hardly tried in the league as they were already down anyway so this probably means more to them.

We just need to get off to a good start (unlike last year's final!!) because if we grab 1-2 early goals I can't see them coming back from that.

Lets talk about the team news then.

Same as Saturday for us, I assume. Joe Cole vs Kalou is the only question mark, though Kalou's recent performances guarantee him a place for me.

As for Portsmouth, anyone know? Saturdays team was; Ashdown; Finnan, Mokoena © (Ben Haim 66), Rocha, Mullins; Vanden Borre, Diop, Wilson (O’Hara 46), Boateng; Piquionne (Basinas 78), Utaka.

Imagine O'Hara will start and Dindane to replace Utaka, and of course, James in for Ashdown.

Anyway, let's make history.

2005 - League and Carling Cup Winners

2007 - Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners

2010 - League and FA Cup Winners?

Be the first team i'm sure to complete each domestic double.

NERD ALERT - BL is on the premises.

If we do the double, we'd be the seventh team to achieve such a feat, and it be only the 11th time it's happened.

However Liverpool have already done all three of the doubles you've specified.

League and FA Cup Double

Preston North End (1889)

Aston Villa (1897)

Tottenham (1961)

Arsenal (1971)

Liverpool (1986)

Manchester United (1994)

Manchester United (1996)

Arsenal (1998)

Manchester United (1999)

Arsenal (2002)

League and League Cup Double

Nottingham Forest (1978)

Liverpool (1982)

Liverpool (1983)

Liverpool (1984)

Chelsea (2005)

Manchester United (2009)

FA Cup and League Cup Double

Arsenal (1993)

Liverpool (2001)

Chelsea (2007)

Blimey they won the League Cup and FA Cup double 3 years in a row... wow. Good info. Maybe next season we'll do the Domestic Treble then because that cant of been done often.

Can't wait for this double to done first

If Carlo Ancelotti says Joe Cole isn't leaving, then Joe Cole isn't leaving.

Carlos Ancelotti is really smart...he wont´t say in front of tv: "Joe Cole can leave, we don´t need him"...specially in recent weeks with the team involved in decisive moments of EPL and before the FA Cup...but do you really believe that the italian sees Cole as an important player having barely played him this season ? Chelsea won´t rise his wages and Cole want leave, since he will never have here the same important role if he was playing for Liverpool or Spurs.

@ Henrique

I always didn't believe anything any manager said. Than came Carlo who always did what he said. He's the only manager I trust. Remember winter transfers? He said he won't buy anybody and he kept his word. If he says J. Cole stays, he will stay.

@ Henrique

I always didn't believe anything any manager said. Than came Carlo who always did what he said. He's the only manager I trust. Remember winter transfers? He said he won't buy anybody and he kept his word. If he says J. Cole stays, he will stay.

He was the one who was making decisions whether he wanted players or not in January. But with Joe Cole he is not taking any decisions. It is upto Roman to give Cole his extraordinary wage demands.

Cole has to be sensible. He is not worth that kind of amount in-spite of staying with us for more than 6 years.

@ Henrique

You should know that only few weeks before he was announced as Chelsea's new manager, he insisted many times to Italian press that he never met Abramovich and tha he was not leaving AC Milan to go to London.

Plus, this is not up to him do say that Joe Cole will stay, since Chelsea can choose to not pay him what he demands, do you think that Carlo will say : "pay him whatever he wants"...lol

Edited by Henrique

You should know that only few weeks before he was announced as Chelsea's new manager, he insisted many times to Italian press that he never met Abramovich and tha he was not leaving AC Milan to go to London.

Plus, this is not up to him do say that Joe Cole will stay, since Chelsea can choose to not pay him what he demands, do you think that Carlo will say : "pay him whatever he wants"...lol

It's strange, because from what I remember, it's been said at least in polish media even on second semi with Barca that Ancelotti is going to be Chelsea's new manager. And yes it's possible for coach to ask the owner to pay the player money he wants. Isn't it up to him who he wants to have in his squad?

It's strange, because from what I remember, it's been said at least in polish media even on second semi with Barca that Ancelotti is going to be Chelsea's new manager. And yes it's possible for coach to ask the owner to pay the player money he wants. Isn't it up to him who he wants to have in his squad?

11 May

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/11/carlo-ancelotti-Chelsea-ac-milan

• Ancelotti insists he will remain in Italy next season

• 'The time has not yet come for me to be replaced at Milan'

1 June

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/01/carlo-ancelotti-Chelsea-three-years

• Chelsea confirms Ancelotti as new manager

• Italian coach left Milan by mutual consent yesterday

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol...everybody new at the time of Barcelona clash, that Ancelotti was going to be the next manager, bu he was still saying that he was going to remain as Milan manager...and you should know that Ancelotti may say he wants Cola to stay, but Chelsea have the final world. If the board decide that he must leave, then he will.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/05/11/manual_085614.html&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter