1st choice replacement for Ashley Cole

Wilson

I'd have to say Ivanovic. He deserves at and his been on form. At least we will have Bosingwa back as RB soon :D. I am aslo worried about Ashley, hope this ankle break doesn't affect him he is a great players and has many years ahead of him.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother moving Ivanovic over! He has been immense this season at right back. Keep him right where he is, even when Bosingwa is fully fit. He has had his chance in the first team and taken it. No1 Right Back for Chelsea now is Ivanovic in my opinion.

We have a ready made replacement for Ash and thats Zhirkov. If anything happens to him then we can play Paulo or Bosingwa. Its a big blow to lose Ashley obviously but we'll be ok.

Zhirkov is a ready made replacement and if it has to be done then Paulo fits the bill. Any time he's played there he's been very capable. The only concern is the lack of width that'll come down the left if Paulo plays there. We expect our full backs to bomb forward. If he was on the right it wouldnt be a problem.

Bosingwa's best game for Chelsea was in the Nou Camp at left-back. Although Yuri's a natural left-footer, I don't fancy him playing against the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and so on if we progress in Europe.

No it wasn't. He hardly had much to do tbh.

Well clearly Zhirkov is the 1st choice replacement as that was what he was brought in for. It will actually be very good for him as now he will get a decent run of games and will make him stronger for next season. I would prefer though to see Yuri used further up the pitch.