Ballack slams whining Wenger

CFC58

_47265262_ballack.jpg

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack has hit out at Arsene Wenger's criticism of the league leaders, labelling his Arsenal side as one-dimensional.

Ballack was unhappy that the Arsenal boss claimed "we didn't get a demonstration of football" from Chelsea in Sunday's 2-0 win over the Gunners.

"Wenger always says things like this when he loses to find an excuse," said the Germany captain.

"We knew the way Arsenal play. It is always the same style."

The 33-year-old Ballack added: "Football is not possession of the ball and playing a nice pass - football is about winning games.

"That is what Manchester United showed when they played them and what we did.

"We derived the win because we were very effective, and that was our strategy."

Spot on by the German, im annoyed of people saying we were outclasses by the arse, when it was them who played into our hands. We had the two goal advantage and it was obvious that they were hungry for a goal. They controlled possession for lengthy spells, ill grant them that, but ineffectively and without threat, with all compliments to our defence, and midfielders who came back to close down their attacking options. Sorry Wenger we know how to defend AND attack! (letting adebayor go was a big mistake methinks)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally some troubleshooting from our camp. I like big mouthy players.

Another reason they´ll never win anything is that they are always playing their youngsters in Cup-Games which might be good if the whole team wouldn´t be replaced and then being beaten by Stoke. They´ll never win anything. Out of the EPL, out of the FA-Cup, out of the Carling - CL exit to come, Wenger.

"Don´t look back at Wenger"

Dont really see anything wrong with what he's saying. He's just telling it as it is.

Get in Arsenals face and stop them playing and they will falter. They always leave space at the back and are susceptible to the counter attack. Hopefully the rest of the managers will take note and do the same.

I love seeing Wenger squirm and talk bollocks. Take defeat like a man.

Ballack has been absoloutly essential for the whole season so far.

Covers space like no other, blocks off players in their counterattack, brilliant vision as well.

I am not biased to him cause his german, i doubted him lots last season and the season before but this year - very important player for us.

Ballack has been absoloutly essential for the whole season so far.

Covers space like no other, blocks off players in their counterattack, brilliant vision as well.

I am not biased to him cause his german, i doubted him lots last season and the season before but this year - very important player for us.

I agree, a lot of people is overlooking Ballack's role on the team. No, he's not a goal scorer anymore from midfield but he does his job well. Good veteran leader and is essential to the squad.

I agree, a lot of people is overlooking Ballack's role on the team. No, he's not a goal scorer anymore from midfield but he does his job well. Good veteran leader and is essential to the squad.

Although he does have a bit of temper which can be problem, I was pulling my collar when he started pushing Franco and putting his face right up to his at Upton Park.

Edited by sam81292

Our first 10 games or so Ballack was absolutely outstanding, he has had a few dodgy games here and there but he has been one of our best players this season. He has been very consistent. I'm very happy with the way he has been performing.

Wenger now saying he was misquoted by the media. To be fair he was taken out of context, but he was still having a dig. Most gooners seem to have lost faith in him now.

I wouldnt write them off quite just yet, they have quite a good run in now, and all it takes is for the 'two horse race' to stumble.... that said- this year its Chelseas league title