Carlo: I won't sign anyone

chrismada9

Chelsea boss, Carlo Ancelotti expects to make NO new signings in January.

The Blues have had a FIFA transfer ban lifted. But despite losing the likes of Didier Drogba and Michael Essien to the African Nations Cup, their boss insists he will look at new buys only if his side suffers injuries.

He said: "All the players are in good condition. If we maintain this, we'll sign nobody."

------------------

Source: The Sun

------------------

Is this some kind of joke?? :mouthclosed: :mellow:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have a problem us not buying anyone in January..... We can't sign players just for ACN cover! Carlo is doing a fantastic job here at Chelsea but his toughest test is to come because he is going to have to soon start overseeing a change in personel with a lot of our key players over 30

This has two sides to it. It shows that Carlo knows are young players are ready and confident of getting regular top flight football. On the other hand this could be extremely risky because it might turn out that our youuth players are not confident enough, and now we would have our appeal rejected, serving the two transfer bans or even having it extended.

I think that we will get the Transfer Ban appeal accepted, and Carlo knows that. I guess he is saying that he would rather use the players he has now to use, and the youngsters, if only a problem that is hard to be dealt with would be sorted. I think we most likely will lona a player in like Quaresme, if needed anyway.

good, fabio borini & kakuta are gonna save us millions.

p.s Bluelion shouldn't you be merging this into the carlo ancelotti thread :rolleyes:

I bet you're an only child...... :zip:

I'd rather we did sign a few players in January just to be on the safe side. Nothings ever black and white when it comes to Chelsea.

Back to the topic, I think Carlo's just trying to live down all the speculation. With the possibility of the club going 18 months without being able to register new players, not only can I see us giving as many youngsters as possible shirt numbers, but I can see one or two big name signings being made on a pre-contract basis, ie. players joining next summer on a pre-established agreement. It would be even nicer if we could pull someone like Ribery in during January.

Back to the topic, I think Carlo's just trying to live down all the speculation. With the possibility of the club going 18 months without being able to register new players, not only can I see us giving as many youngsters as possible shirt numbers, but I can see one or two big name signings being made on a pre-contract basis, ie. players joining next summer on a pre-established agreement. It would be even nicer if we could pull someone like Ribery in during January.

Thats the bit thats a bit unclear to me.

I was under the impression that we have to sign them this January and have them at the club so that they will be registered to play for us. If we line up a pre-contract agreement that will come into effect in the summer then we may not be able to register them to play.

Wasnt that one of the reasons we were tieing up current players on extended deals ?

Hmm, you may be right there. If that's the case, the story of us signing Aguero and loaning him back would be highly unlikely.

Well if we are seriously thinking about signing Aguero, then we better do it now incase the ban comes into place if this report is true.

<h1 class="articleTitle">VIDEO: Man City to hijack Chelsea Aguero bid?</h1> 2009-12-01 - Added by ExtraFootie ManchesterCity have reportedly joined the race to sign Atletico Madrid forwardSergio Aguero thus potentially scuppering Chelsea's hopes of luring theArgentine to Stamford Bridge in the New Year.

Blues bossCarlo Ancelotti has long been an admirer of "Kun", who netted astunning brace against the Premier League leaders in an entertaining2-2 draw at the Vicente Calderon in their UEFA Champions League clash.

Ithas been widely reported that Chelsea are ready to launch a Januaryraid for the 21 year-old striker after the Court of Arbitration forSport suspended FIFA-imposed transfer embargo until the club's appealhearing is heard.

However, respected Madrid based sports journal AS are claiming that City are set to enter the fray with a stunning £53million bid for the 2007 FIFA Young Player of the Year.

Withthe future of Brazlian superstar Robinho still shrouded in doubt asBarcelona continue to lurk in the shadows menacingly, City boss MarkHughes may see Aguero as his perfect replacement at Eastlands.

Aguerohas already reiterated his desire to move to arguably Europe's finestleague and has made it clear he sees his long-term future away from Los Colchoneros, who secured only their second win of the season on Sunday.

Atletico'sNo.10 was at his devastating best on the weekend as Atletico trouncedEspanyol 4-0 with Aguero scoring twice and setting up two more asQuique Sanchez Flores' men moved out of the bottom three.

Source: http://www.extrafootie.co.uk/clubs/detailed/manchester-city/31784/

Well if we are seriously thinking about signing Aguero, then we better do it now incase the ban comes into place if this report is true.

I highly doubt he'll go to City. I genuinely think they'll struggle to get into the top 6 and that'll put the brakes on any deal which could take him there.

Yweh esp since the ban been lifted theres been this 'Chelsea are gana spend big' yap so many players all of a sudden we've been linked with. And Wenger back his ole self well in the Mail anyway so not sure how much if any truth to it,moaning about us spending and warning other teams about it...

But I duno hmmm be maybe a idea to sign one or two just in case but not go overboard and spend money on players we dont need and will never use.Looks like we're not going to so gives like said youngsters more of a chance and something to build on for the future