Carlo: I won't sign anyone

chrismada9

I seriously consider this a way for the club to tone down the speculation. If I were the board I would tell the media that big spending is not likely, just so that they don't constantly have people breathing down their back (as has been the case since Abrom). It gets a little old, and I myself wouldn't mind the tabloids shutting up for a bit. Good play on Carlo's part, whether he is telling the truth or not.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really like the way TX is moaning but you couldn't possible ban him for doing that as he's not really breaking any forum rules.

exactly, besides it's Bluelion himself who has broken the forum rules by quoting a rule break with a happy face.

and notice i actually gave my opinion in relation to the thread subject, i then reminded Bluelion of the very logic he used when he merged those two kakuta threads.

exactly, besides it's Bluelion himself who has broken the forum rules by quoting a rule break with a happy face.

and notice i actually gave my opinion in relation to the thread subject, i then reminded Bluelion of the very logic he used when he merged those two kakuta threads.

No need to mention this simple merging crap all over the forums, I've now seen at least 6 threads with this shite. I wouldn't ban you according to the rules, I would ban you because you are a twat, which is always sensible.

Edit: and last time I checked, spamming was always an offense punishable by banning.

Edited by Joe Cool

I'm not even going to bother to reply to TX's posts because all he seems intent on is derailing topics.

There's been more speculation about us signing Aguero next month, its all over the newspapers at the moment. It would be fantastic if we could pull it off; what an attack we'd have! I'm imaging other clubs are hoping we don't sign him in a bed we don't get any better! Its certainly a very exciting time for Chelsea supporters at the minute.

Whether he has intention to sign players or not, (I think as insurance against the transfer ban there will be acquisitions), he is not going to potentially destabilise the team spirit of a squad at the top of the pile, by coming out and saying 'Yes, we are in the market for so and so' .

It's funny, finally get the ban suspended because it could be bad for us in january, then say 'hmm actually fuck it, can't be arsed to sign anyone' :lol:

Papers and co are prob panikcing.Instead of the whole 'January splash Chelsea spend however much on so and so' and then a dozen opioions on that from so and so and so and so and many pages full of it...be 'they didnt sign anyone' in a very small column.

I cant see carlo not signing anyone, i think he would like to sign some players if he plans to be around us for a while. Even bring in some more youth. I still think Aguero would be a good signing but at the end of the day we dont want things broken up in the camp at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti reiterated the Blues do not need to sign anybody in January - despite four players' participation in the African Nations Cup in Angola and the suspension of their FIFA transfer embargo.

Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero and Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery have been among the players linked with a move to west London in the winter transfer market.

When asked if Chelsea would make any moves in the January window, Ancelotti said: "I am satisfied with the team I have.

"In January, (Didier) Drogba, (John) Mikel, (Salomon) Kalou and (Michael) Essien will be playing in the Africa Nations Cup and they will miss four round of games in the Premier League.

"But I have promising players like (Fabio) Borini and (Gael) Kakuta.

"Kakuta, 18, was the best player against APOEL (in Tuesday's Champions League 2-2 draw

http://www.chelseafcweb.co.uk/Latest-Chelsea-News/Ancelotti_says_no_Chelsea_signings_in_Jan_.php

am sorry Ancelotti but i disagree we need defensive midfielder or a holding midfielder and a striker too

Veira and van Nistelrooy would be good short term replacement

To be honest, I couldn't believe it when I came across this Premier League blog previewing the transfer window.

Yeah, some of the young lads have come in and done a good job but I can't help worrying about what's going to happen when we lose Drogba to the African Nations Cup. He's been in such good form and can win games almost single-handedly.

I just feel it's too soon for Ancelotti to be ruling out making a move for a big name - or anyone! - in Jan.

Carlo might just as well be putting on a clown suit if he's talking like that. Filling up Drogba's boots is a huge responsibility, and it'll put far too much pressure on the young players.

Who do we have bar Anelka and Drogba?

Kakuta? He's been alright, played well against APOEL I think.

Sturridge? Who? has he even played for us apart from the League cup game against Bolton?

We need another striker I think!

I dont care about Strikers. But my main concern is buying a young midfielder to replace Ballack. We have Kakuta who could replace Deco in future. But I hope Ancelloti finds someone to replace Ballack.

Regarding filling up for the AF players, Ancelloti has mentioned Matic will start playing in the first team more regularly in the next few weeks. I am guessing he will be playing the defensive midfielder in absense of Mikel and Essien.

Regarding buying a player who could help us fill in for Drogba and Kalou, Ancelloti mentioned Borini. If you dont test your players now when will you test them. I am with Ancelloti on this when it comes to filling in for AF players, but for long term, he needs to buy a Top Striker and a Top Midfielder. Aguero and Hamsik would be good enough for me from next season. But for now, we have Borini who would fill in for Drogba with Anelka playing behind him. I am excited to se these youngsters.......But I hope Ancelloti buys players for next season.

"I am a little tired talking about these things. I am 100 percent staying at Milan," Ancelotti told a news conference ahead of Sunday's penultimate league game at home to AS Roma.

That was the 23rd May on the 31st he came to Chelsea. I am confident he will sign players in January, it would be mad for him not to.