Blackburn vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Not a bad loss, down to 10 men for almost half the game..

Ferreira is a legend, :blue scalf:

Some respite during ACN and extra midweek fixtures for united.. Hopefully they lose to Citeh.. :whistling:

Onto City for the weekend, who played an almost full team tonight, so should be fun...

Carefree :blue scalf:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont understand why we fucking play drogba in a carling cup game in the north west in a late kick off against a rough team with a rough manager. We always seem to take this competion seriously im starting to think roman has something to do with it. A few of our past managers have played strong sides in it so what is roman saying behind closed doors ?

Ah well, something to learn from the game.No excuses about dismissing the cup as a non-requirement for the season.The whole point of having the squad was to compete on all fronts.The game was certainly exciting,credit to Blackburn Rovers.The triple substitution certainly back-fired at the 75th minute when Kalou got injured.Chelsea did really well to cope with 10 men,be the better side in extra-time and score onthe last minute when all hope was lost to take it to penalties.Mental game.

When was the last time Ballack ever missed a penalty? Kakuta didn't have nerves at the end of things seemingly,all in all disappointing but lessons are learnt.Zhirkov had a very good game by the sound of things although that penalty seems like it was due to his mistake.Drogba imperious as usual.Carlo will definitely know more about the squad's efficiency now and it'll help to determine if January signings are needed.

Edited by ruggedknot

I missed the match because I had shit I had to do but...

I'm not too disappointed that we lost, we have bigger fish to fry and if anything, the Carling Cup was just a bonus, but a nice attempt from the lads for getting that last minute goal though.

I was shocked to hear that Ballack missed his penalty though, I think it's the second time in his career it's happened actually :huh:

Back to normal with the pens then...hope he gets over it.sure he will

Hey ho win some loose some,dissapointed but hey least it werent at the semis..so close yet..nada.And like said the tming prob been shit

And hopfully we can make it up by winning other things :D..and that Man U dont win it again cause that be annoying

Got back to SB at 4am and have just woken up lol. :lol: Wow what a match. Disappointed that we lost, but I know we can and we will bounce back. Amazing atmosphere. Didn't see extra time and penalties coming... OK, we need to focus and conentrate on the CL and the PL now. It would have been nice to have won the CC, but it's not the end of the world is it. Roll on Man City

Keep the Faith :blue scalf: