The Toughest Month Of The Season?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the way we've played for the last 3 games we can win these games I think. They'll be tough, but this should drive the squad to succeed. They've already proved that they can beat our closest rivals (Man U - Community Shield, Liverpool and Tottenham so far this season. Bring 'em on I say. We have a strong enough squad to get through these matches. Our encounter with Aresenal should be interesting. We've got Man City in December which also should be interesting. The toughest month of the season will be January with the African Cup imo.

In wich period exactly does the ACON takes place?

Anyway, in January we haven't got much difficult games (Hull, Sunderland, Birmingham, Burnley).

But february is a different story. In the worst case, we could miss some of our important players in the matches against Arsenal and Everton.

So the only problem we need to overcome (in the worst case) is de first period of February.

I think that the upcoming month is going to cause us more trouble tbh :o.

In wich period exactly does the ACON takes place?

Anyway, in January we haven't got much difficult games (Hull, Sunderland, Birmingham, Burnley).

But february is a different story. In the worst case, we could miss some of our important players in the matches against Arsenal and Everton.

So the only problem we need to overcome (in the worst case) is de first period of February.

I think that the upcoming month is going to cause us more trouble tbh :o.

I think it takes place between January 10 till January 31, 2010. We musen't be complacent and treat every opposition as a trheat. OK, we've already beaten Hull, Sunderland this season, and hopefully we'll do it again. Birmingham I would have thought should be OK.

We must be doing something right at the moment and just need to keep going with the same attitude for every game. I think Carlo must be working them hard and whatever it's certainly working.

Allright, thanks :)! I had something in mind from the start of January untill two weeks into february :o!

Even better in that case! We only will miss some vital players for a period of max 1 month. It keeps being a bitter thing though.

What i'm worrying about at the moment are the injuries that will follow :/...

Let's be honest with eachother; even though Chelsea will miss some important players during this period, we'll only play smaller teams. Two of those we already beat pretty convincingly(against Hull we snapped a late winner, but nevertheless we were absolutely the dominant side!). The two that remain are together with Hull, relegation-candidates.

So, as a Chelsea-fan, i may, and do, expect our team to win from this clubs despite missing some of our top-class players.

Besides, this period will give some youngsters the chance to show what they've got, wich is always a positive thing imo!

Edited by Blueboy

Allright, thanks smile.gif! I had something in mind from the start of January untill two weeks into february ohmy.gif!

Even better in that case! We only will miss some vital players for a period of max 1 month. It keeps being a bitter thing though.

What i'm worrying about at the moment are the injuries that will follow :/...

Let's be honest with eachother; even though Chelsea will miss some important players during this period, we'll only play smaller teams. Two of those we already beat pretty convincingly(against Hull we snapped a late winner, but nevertheless we were absolutely the dominant side!). The two that remain are together with Hull, relegation-candidates.

So, as a Chelsea-fan, i may, and do, expect our team to win from this clubs despite missing some of our top-class players.

Besides, this period will give some youngsters the chance to show what they've got, wich is always a positive thing imo!

Thats hardly tough.

Wait till we get to march. We have an away game at Old Trafford in early April, and thats could be between a home and away tie in Champions League Quarters Finals.

For me March-April period is the toughest. In that one month you could be out of several competitions.

Edited by warnie_666

Don't matter, we're gonna win the league at Anfield anyway :champions: lol

It's a very tough month yeah, Atletico &Porto doesn't matter as much, we're already through really and will top the table no doubt. In all honesty, every month is hard. We've lost to wigan and Villa between Sep 26/0ct 17 so maybe october is our toughest month (3 week period from Sep 26-Oct17). Points can be dropped anywhere at any time so i don't really look what the toughest month might be, all i know is that we can't lose more than 3 games from now til the end of the season no matter what stage seems the toughest. Its only tough because of Man Utd and Arsenal, we should hammer Wolves. Got Man city soon after.

Edited by OllieCFC

In theory you can be put of a competition every month :clown: .

I think the biggest question may be where to lay your priority for this season. Of course it's a difficult choise between the EPL and the CL, because i would love to win both.

But looking at the fact that (probably) Man ©Unt would get another title added to their cabinet if we don't win the league :mouthclosed::wank2:. The CL is something we'll win for certain, i'm convinced of that, the only question is when.

And i really do not grant them another PL-title :rant:, so for me i think i would go for the Pl.

And with that said, if you look at our fixtures in the PL, i think it's going to be difficult after November and December (when we play 14 games in two months time; WTF?!?!).

I think we can all agree that the toughest part of the season is yet to come however!

Edited by Blueboy

To be fair though any month can be tough.Mean really did we see loosing 3-1 to Wigan?Any team can slip us up it depends on how we approch the game and what team turns up cause we seem to have two sides lol..and hopfully see more of the better one!

Well to be honest, after a red card and with Hilario in goal, i thought it was more likely to happen that we'd lose the game...but ofcourse i didn't saw it coming :doh:!

Edited by Blueboy

With Joe cole back, Lampard hitting his straps again and the form of our bench players, i can't see any reason why we can't get the quadruple. We have more than enough talent to do it. It will come down to leadership from our senior players, good managment and hard coaching...

Anything less than another major trophy will be a failure in my opinion. Personally i would prefer the Premier League. Champions league imho is a competition run by crooks and cheats..