We need a new stadium

the wes

i read that yids are getting a new stadium for fuck sake :censored: i think its about time we got a new stadium because are fanbase is growing every year and its time to move to a bigger stadium and sell the name rights of the new stadium like arsenal did the money of name rights would finance the new stadium i read that arsenal got £100m for calling there stadium Emirates

A bigger stadium = more income

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read that yids are getting a new stadium for fuck sake :censored: i think its about time we got a new stadium because are fanbase is growing every year and its time to move to a bigger stadium and sell the name rights of the new stadium like arsenal did the money of name rights would finance the new stadium i read that arsenal got £100m for calling there stadium Emirates

A bigger stadium = more income

Absolutely agree, although I'm not sure about moving to a completely new stadium, our home is Stamford Bridge and that's how it should stay. We'd have to extend the current site somehow. One thing i'd say is that we need more leg room as it can feel a little cramped.

All we need is to knock down the stupid hotel and build a proper shed end, surely that would take it up to at least 55k? Having said the hotel robably creates more income than 10-15k new seats would anyway. We don't sell out every game either and if we had a 60k ground it would be half empty for the smaller cup games.

And naming rights? Can you imagine playing in the samsung stadium or something like that? :mouthclosed: Stamford Bridge any day. You're never gonna get a better area that what we have now either.

Edited by Shed Head

I dont think we need a new stadium i just think we should extend stamford bridge somehow.

Theres no way we should sell naming rights I can't stand it when stadiums are named after a company like the emirates or ricoh arena.

Stamford bridge will always be our home.

If we go to a new stadium then we wont have the rights to have the name Chelsea Football Club. So unless we want to change the name of the club then we can only try to extend the building.

:541: :541: :541:

LMAO.. where are you getting this from.

jesus christ..

and yea.. i've just seen what the new spurs ground will look like, when it's built they will look like a bigger club the media will probably catch on to this too.

Edited by Terminator X

:541: :541: :541:

LMAO.. where are you getting this from.

jesus christ..

and yea.. i've just seen what the new spurs ground will look like, when it's built they will look like a bigger club the media will probably catch on to this too.

The Stamford Bridge pitch the freehold, the turnstiles and Chelsea's naming rights are now owned by Chelsea Pitch Owners,a non-profit organisation in which fans are the shareholders. The CPOwas created to ensure the stadium could never again be sold todevelopers. It also means that if the club moves to a new location,they could not use the Chelsea FC name.

Do your research before laughing at peoples posts.

the pitch owners can agree on a move though, which would take the naming rights with them of course.

for fuck sake Kenyon himself has been on tv and has spoken about moving many times in magazine & newspaper articles/interviews, do you not think he would be aware of this lmao

Maybe they can agree on a move, maybe they can't.

The fact is the majority of fans would probably want to see us stay at the bridge and have that extended rather than moving to a completely new stadium and it being called something shite like "the samsung arena"

hold up.. i just proved her point wrong by stating the shareholders can agree to a move, which blows your theory of impossibility out the water completely..

They can, but doesn't mean they will. So technically speaking Sam was never wrong.

They can, but doesn't mean they will. So technically speaking Sam was never wrong.

john terry is president and considering the amount of people on here who would want a move i'm sure it's even more possible considering you can buy up to 10 shares just by visiting our official site.

but the principle that it is impossible for the rights to be moved to another ground is false, so as usual I'm right

and considering these shareholders are ordinary fans with money I'm sure they are as like minded as us and understand the need for improvement and progression.

if the Chelsea board presented the shareholders with a perfect master plan for a new stadium the majority would vote for it.

I feel it would be a complete disaster for the club to build a completely new stadium. Stamford Bridge is our home and will always be our home. It would never feel the same and also as Kez says to have it called something like the Samsung Arena would be totally wrong. Extension on the current site is our only real option.

hold up.. i just proved her point wrong by stating the shareholders can agree to a move, which blows your theory of impossibility out the water completely..

I'm not quite sure that you did considering you didnt know that well known fact about our name.

You ignorantly laughed at someone's post when he was 100% correct. We dont know what goes on behind closed doors maybe they have tried to agree a move but they want to see us stay at the bridge and wont settle for a move until all possibilities of staying at the bridge are looked at and fail.

Edited by Kez