What's the difference ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......................Essien......................

............Lampard...Ballack..............

kalou.....................................deco.................. = Good Performance

................Anelka..........................

.............Essien.................

Lampard............malouda.. ......................... = Mediocre performance

.............Deco...................

Noticed all of Frank's best performances this season have been when playing alongside Ballack? I don't care what anyone else thinks; to me its absolutely irrefutable that the balance Ballack brings to the midfield is what gives Lampard the license and room to move forward.

......................Essien......................

............Lampard...Ballack..............

kalou.....................................deco.................. = Good Performance

................Anelka..........................

.............Essien.................

Lampard............malouda.. ......................... = Mediocre performance

.............Deco...................

Ballach rarely SEEMS to do much but actually brings a great deal of stability to the side ...True class

Ballach rarely SEEMS to do much but actually brings a great deal of stability to the side ...True class

Absolutely spot on. At least I'm not the only member to be a fan of the German, who, after Drogba, has been my player of the year so far.

Absolutely spot on. At least I'm not the only member to be a fan of the German, who, after Drogba, has been my player of the year so far.

I'm also a fan of the German. And, I must admit, Deco's starting to grow on me too.

As others have said, Ballack balances the team out nicely, enabling Lamps to roam forward whenever he fancies it. However, I still think, that even after a slow start, Lampard will score 15+ goals for us this season, and manage that quite comfortably. It'll take him a while to become accustomed to his new found role under Ancelotti, but he's looking more and more comfortable in the position each game.

• 2 weeks later...
The Blues hosts Manchester United on Sunday looking to extend their lead at the top of the table.

Carlo Ancelotti's side secured a place in the last 16 of theChampions League with their draw at Atletico Madrid in midweek, whichsaw striker Didier Drogba return to European action following hissuspension.

q.gif Lampard, 31, has just about seen and done it all since arriving at Stamford Bridge from West Ham eight years ago.

quite cringeworthyHowever, the England international is intent on adding more to his all-round game.

"I am quite critical. I think 'oh my God, I can't believe I am making those mistake or moves," said Lampard.

"Sometimes it is quite cringeworthy to see things you did and it isquite bad just to see how young you look and realise that the yearshave passed.

"You do realise that you have come a long way, particularly from thefirst season or two I was at Chelsea. It is nice to see the progress."

Lampard added on the club's official website: "I still feel the need to add new things to my game now.

"I am very critical if I watch matches and I will always try to add stuff.

"I have had that throughout my career."

fantastic managerLampard credits former Blues boss Jose Mourinho with a big part of his development.

"It just involved self-confidence and a progression from what I'dbeen doing the season before, which had been a very good season for mewith [Claudio] Ranieri," Lampard recalled.

"We had reached the semis of the Champions League and I felt I belonged.

"Mourinho took that on and I was fortunate to be in a team that wasvery strong with a fantastic manager, and we became winners as a group.

"Personally I pushed myself on again with more confidence and my game became a bit more complete."

Chelsea midfielder Yuri Zhirkov (knee) is a doubt again thisweekend, but has been included in Guus Hiddink's Russia squad for theirWorld Cup play-off double-header against Slovenia.

Full-back Jose Bosingwa, meanwhile, may need knee surgery, having undergone tests back in his native Portugal.

However, Ashley Cole (knee) returned to action in the 2-2 draw against Atletico, and is expected to face United.

Premierleague.com