The Transfer Ban

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

In light of numerous media enquiries, Chelsea can confirm that theCourt of Arbitration for Sport has informed us that it has agreed to astay of the two-window transfer ban and the playing ban on Gael Kakutaimposed by Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber until the appeal has beenheard and completed.

There will be no further comment.

Source: Chelsea FC

In light of numerous media enquiries, Chelsea can confirm that theCourt of Arbitration for Sport has informed us that it has agreed to astay of the two-window transfer ban and the playing ban on Gael Kakutaimposed by Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber until the appeal has beenheard and completed.

There will be no further comment.

Source: Chelsea FC

Good news but FIFA were just chucking their weight about. I think the press were also a bit premature this morning saying the club are ''definitely spending £50 million in January'', and even more mental than usual quoting a ''Chelsea source'' saying ''we will spend more than Man City, because the ban will be lifted''. The Chelsea ''source'' undoubtedly being a figment of their imagination

FIFA were waving a big stick about, and it was inevitable that it was Chelseas head it came down on and not Man Utd , Real Madrid.....

Good news but FIFA were just chucking their weight about. I think the press were also a bit premature this morning saying the club are ''definitely spending £50 million in January'', and even more mental than usual quoting a ''Chelsea source'' saying ''we will spend more than Man City, because the ban will be lifted''. The Chelsea ''source'' undoubtedly being a figment of their imagination

FIFA were waving a big stick about, and it was inevitable that it was Chelseas head it came down on and not Man Utd , Real Madrid.....

Of course it was. Will be interesting to see what DOES happen in January though. I would assume they would be looking at it with a view that worst case scenario the transfer ban is upheld. Our squad is very strong though and it would be hard to see where we can bring people in, obviously someone like Aguero would be great but with Nico and Drogs on excellent form at the moment it is hard it happeneing.

Best news of this is that Kakuta can play again.....

Whoo, was expecting things to go down this way but what a relief not to have a cloud hanging over you. Will be interesting to see how funds are spent now considering Carlo hasn't really dipped in to the bank yet. Also, Kakuta will be hugely relieved after hearing this, one thing off his shoulders. Time to shine Gael blue%20scalf.gif.

Probably right, and there will be purchases as a contingency that FIFAs joke is upheld. Gut feeling that it was a warning shot across footballs bows to try and prevent any similar occurences, and it wont be implemented

I agree, i can't see how it can be upheld to be honest, but you never know....

Forgive me for being a bit stupid here, but is the ban been thrown out completely or has it been suspended (could still be upheld).....Ive only just woken up and am not fully awake yet unsure.gif

I think when they say an ''astay'' its a way of saying its suspended, but not cancelled until the clubs full appeal has been heard. Could be wrong though...

So the chances are it could still be upheld.

Looks like a January spending spree is on the cards then. DO we really need anyone for the CL though?....I wouldnt be too worried about that this season tbh. Even if we were to go for players like Ribery, Pato, Dzeko, etc....we need to plan with the thought that the ban will be upheld and think about next season. We dont want to get caught with our pants down.