Official: Sheva rejoins Dynamo Kyiv

the wes

He's such a legend in world football, I'm really sad to see him leave. He's still our most successful scorer in terms of goals to minutes played, of our current crop of players anyway. He lost his pace, and then his confidence and as such his brilliant touch. But his confidence is back now, his touch with it, and he's good enough to be our 3rd choice striker imho. Such a brilliant finisher, brilliant technique, and brilliant footballing brain. Wherever he goes he will score heap loads if he plays week in week out. Mark my words.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Shevchenko has signed a two-year contract," the Ukrainian club confirmed.

Kiev added the 32-year-old Ukraine striker would be presented as their player on Sunday.

On Friday, Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti said he could not guarantee Shevchenko first-team football.

"Ispoke with Shevchenko and he would like to play with continuity here.For me it is difficult to give him this possibility and I think he hastaken the right decision (to move)," Ancelotti said.

Shevchenkonever justified the club record 30 million pounds fee that Chelsea paidAC Milan for him in 2006. He scored only nine league goals in his firsttwo campaigns and was loaned back to the Italian team last season.

WithUkraine still in with a chance of qualifying for next year's World Cup,the 2004 European Footballer of the Year faced a season on the fringesat Chelsea.

Shevchenko, who left Kiev for Milan in 1999, was alsoin danger of being left out of the London club's Champions League squadwhen it is named on Tuesday.

The Ukraine captain is one of theleading scorers in the Champions League and will get a chance to add tohis tally of goals with Kiev, who have been drawn in Group F withholders Barcelona, Inter Milan and Rubin Kazan.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29082009/58/champions-league-shevchenko-signs-kiev.html

Edited by STEV3O

I am happy that Sheva have sold, as I think that it was superfluous in a command at present.It is better to get Jovetich from a Fiorentina. As for me this player looks better than many those in whom, we were interested in a current transfer window

Edited by mashinist

For 3 weeks (at most) against small teams like Sunderland, they should be.

I doubt 3 strikers will be enough.

As for Sheva good luck to him i'm absolutely gutted it didn't work out for him here, he never gave up trying and always gave it his best it just never worked.

Hope he can rebuild his career back at Dynamo.

This is the right move for all involved. Sheva can go back to where he started to wind down his career, we get rid of his astronomic wages especially as he would have been about 5th choice, everyone's happy. Can't deny he had a good impact for us when he was here, but not quite what we had hoped given his transfer fee. If he was a £5m signing we would've have been well chuffed with what he did for us. But there you go.

Good luck Andriy.

For a £30m striker on 100,000+ a week? To me it is mate.

What, did you expect his transfer fee and wage to be small? He was a big-name player when we bought him. Just too bad he couldn't play well for us.

Good luck to him there.

Thanks for making us spend a shitload on wages and you given fuck all back for it.

You make it sound like he didn't even try, he gave 110% everytime he stepped on the pitch he tried his hardest but is just didn't work out for him here.