Official: Sheva rejoins Dynamo Kyiv

the wes

Carlo Ancelotti insists Andriy Shevchenko has a future at Stamford Bridge despite playing just one game in the last 15 months for Chelsea.

The Ukraine striker spent last season on loan under Ancelotti at AC Milan but the Italian coach sees a role for him in England this term.

Shevchenko replaced Deco in the second half of their 3-1 victory over Sunderland on Tuesday night.

It was the forward's first appearance in a Chelsea shirt since he scored against Bolton in May 2008.

Shevchenko failed to settle in England and departed for Milan when former boss Luiz Felipe Scolari took charge.

The frontman will be 33 at the end of this month but Ancelotti insists he could have a real part to play in their season.

"At present he is a Chelsea player and in the future he will be the same," said Chelsea manager Ancelotti.

Motivated

"Now he is better condition but we have a lot of strikers at the moment and for him it is not easy to find a place on the pitch.

"He trains very well with no problem and he is very happy to stay. He has a good position in the squad because his team-mates like his work.

"There is a good atmosphere in the team and he knows it is not easy to play for Chelsea because the competition is high in the squad.

"Shevchenko had a physical problem last year but now he has overcome that and we can use his quality for the team this year.

"He has no problem staying here. He wants to play but all the players want to play. When they don't play it is difficult to maintain a good feeling, a good atmosphere and motivation. But now he has a good motivation.

"He does not have a mental problem. He is well. But I have to choose who plays and it is not easy."

Sky Sport

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least we will have someone to blame when we fuck it all up in january with drogba and co going to the african nations.

:rolleyes: fucking hell.

Sheva can still offer us alot, and we will need him in Jan with Kalou and Drogba going off. I've got nothing against Sheva and don't understand fans that have he always works his arse off and gives 110%.

Geez TX, Brighten up... Seriously, why be so negative?

But yeah, back on topic... I think it's good that Sheva is hanging around, he has the minerals to score goals, he just doesnt get enough playtime to proove it, and when he does he doesn't manage to score, but still, I like him as a player, and I seriously can't work out why.

I doubt that means that Sheva is on his way out this summer (although of course he could still). Our Champions League squad is going to have to be short again due to our lack of "homegrown" players. And with Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge it was somewhat innevitable that Sheva was going to miss out on the Champions League squad......

Sheva is still top player..he was unfortunate with injuries ,plus Jose never really wanted him in a team...we all know that he was signed by Roman not Jose,so he was never favourite with Mourinho..couple of seasons ago he has done a great job when Drogba was off to africa ,him and Balack together shut all critics up ,and remand us what a great players they are...and don't forget all that was done under Avram Turtle Grant,who everybody thought was a clueless manager,coach..the most important thing is that he is fit to wear a Chelsea shirt again and crowd absolutely adore him..

so common Sheva ..you score ,score..when you get one ,you get more...

He was certainly one of the best, if not the best striker in the World -still shows flashes of brilliance....but whether Serie A gave him more room and years were on his isde it seems that he will be down the pecking order. Brings up all the questions again -was he an Abramovich signing, etc

There is not a single supporter who didn't gladly welcome Sheva with open arms. It is a real shame how things turned out for him, i don't think his first season here was that bad! Sheva was judged on his goals, which didn't look good.

Source

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed he expects Andriy Shevchenko to be leaving the club before the end of the transfer window.

The Italian was speaking after discussions withthe Ukraine international, from which it appears the 32-year-old willbe departing Stamford Bridge.

'We don't have news of players that will comeinto Chelsea, only that Shevchenko will decide to return to go to playin another team,' the manager said.

'I spoke with Shevchenko, and he would like toplay with continuity. Here for me it is difficult to give him thispossibility to play a lot of matches and I think he will take the rightdecision for him.

'He will take his decision, it is not our problem, and he will choose the team that is right for him.'

The manager also confirmed it was nothing to dowith speculation suggesting Shevchenko had been left out of theChampions League squad.

'I spoke with him and he takes this decision. Ihave time to choose the squad in the Champions League, the only thingis Shevchenko didn't have the possibility to play with continuity, hetook the decision only for this,' Ancelotti said.

I'm actually sad lol, wanted us to keep him for this season but the main reason seems to be that he needs to be playing week in week out, wish we never signed sheva, messed him up bad haha.