blueboy9

What wouldn't I give to actually see those two batting out there now! Masters of the game.

I met Sunil Gavaskar when I was a kid.he pushed me around in my wheelchair , thanks to my well connected auntie.India's finest batsmen in my lifetime until Sachin came along.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did the same against NZ, didn't they put on 90 for their 10th wicket just a few weeks ago? I said to myself that the last wicket today will put on 100 because we always struggle getting the last guy out, panic bowling short balls.

Well done Ricky Ponting getting 169 N.O for my Surrey boys :D

Would been great to see Pietersen and Ponting bat together for Surrey.

I don't know, In Australia we regard Michael Bevan as the best finisher. Hussey was incredible at it too. Dhoni is right up there certainly.

Bevan and Hussey are no doubt the epitome of finishing but i feel by the time Dhoni will retire, he would have surpassed both of them.

Here's a stat: Among the 91 batsmen with 1000-run in successful chase in ODIs, MS Dhoni is the only with 100+ ave; 100.09. Next close; Bevan 86.25

In ODIs, MS has remained "not out" on 35 occasions, of which IND have won 32, lost 1, tied 1 and 1 ended in NR.

Yeah that Agar looks like a very decent young man. Seems to not be phased and really enjoys what he does. He shoulda been out though with the stumping. That 3rd umpire was a complete cunt yesterday, obviously got some bets going or something, maybe he was from Pakistan i dunno. Trott's dismissal was a horrendous decision too. You could understand an umpire giving it out in real time but for a 3rd umpire with replays and slow motion, to get both of those decisions so wrong, seriously, really?

KP and Cook need to both get tons or we've lost this first test.

England-win-the-Ashes-3-1-005.jpg

england_ashes_1798484b.jpg

I'm afraid that doesn't change the fact we're still the best overall Cricket nation on Earth. You may continue living in your delusions though, if that is what suits you.

Meanwhile, enjoy the biggest Ashes SMASHING any team could ever get. Just don't cry again LOL

We beat Sri Lanka! Dhoni smashed Eranga 6 4 6! Champions of the triseries! We almost bottled it near the end. Raina is too irresponsible and Jadeja fails to do anything with the bat. Both sides collapsed near the end Sri Lanka lost 8 wickets for 30 runs and we made an easy chase- difficult. Zimbabwe tour in a few weeks, our youngsters will play there. Hope Praveen Kumar gets to bowl, can't believe the selectors don't pick him. Just imagine an opening bowling of Bhuwaneshwar Kumar and Praveen Kumar! The batsmen will barely make any contact with the ball apart from edges!

Just saw Agar's interview. Seems like a really nice lad.

Mahendera Singh Dhoni-The greatest ODI finisher of the past decade and may be of our generation.

He is an incredible finisher, he always seems to take it over the line.

Yeah that Agar looks like a very decent young man. Seems to not be phased and really enjoys what he does. He shoulda been out though with the stumping. That 3rd umpire was a complete cunt yesterday, obviously got some bets going or something, maybe he was from Pakistan i dunno. Trott's dismissal was a horrendous decision too. You could understand an umpire giving it out in real time but for a 3rd umpire with replays and slow motion, to get both of those decisions so wrong, seriously, really?

KP and Cook need to both get tons or we've lost this first test.

LOL, As if that would have anything to do with it? And for the record it wasn't, also you do realize that the umpire of the year for three consecutive years has been Pakistan's Aleem Dar.

None of England's batsman even come close to Ricky's level, lol Pathetic.

I'm afraid that doesn't change the fact we're still the best overall Cricket nation on Earth. You may continue living in your delusions though, if that is what suits you.

Meanwhile, enjoy the biggest Ashes SMASHING any team could ever get. Just don't cry again LOL

Have you been hanging around with Liverpool fans recently? You may have your history, but you're currently going nowhere.