Chelsea vs Hull

BlueLion.

What will happen to Malouda and essien then?

Well Malouda to the bench , sounds harsh cos he finished last season so well but I think Zhirkov will offer us far more in an attacking sense. Also Malouda can always fill in when Zhirkov is out.

Essien should start in the holding role.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Malouda to the bench , sounds harsh cos he finished last season so well but I think Zhirkov will offer us far more in an attacking sense. Also Malouda can always fill in when Zhirkov is out.

Essien should start in the holding role.

i agree m8 and i think we play a lot quicker football with Essien in holding role

the last two games Mikel has looked crap...........

Edited by the wes

Is it just me who feels uneasy about the diamond formation? I like Mikel but he hasn't convinced me at all in the holding role, I would opt for Essien or Ballack there, bit more experience. Defintely lacked width. I'm aware that this might change once JC is back in the team, but I don't think we are getting the best out of Lamps by playing the diamond.

Thought Drogba was excellent today, looked very sharp. Kalou looked good too, would have preferred to see Sturridge though.

But overall very good game, some positives defintely in that we didn't look goal shy for a change. Let's hope the Mancs and Scousers drop some early points tomorrow :).

As much as I think Essien is a fantastic player, I dont think he's disciplined enough to hold that position. His natural instinct is to get forward and when I've seen him play there in the past he does occassionally wander and leave space where someone like Maka/Mikel are disciplined enough to hold the formation.

Mikel did himself no favours today though. He done ok, but he wasnt his normal dominant self.

I agree that Mikel is young enough to be moulded into the type of player we need in that position. But with Essien put him anywhere and he delivers to the best of his ability. He has proven himself as an able defender and with a bit of work could do well in the holding role. I am a big fan of Mikel's, I just feel nervous with him playing there. Maka used to sweep up the mess and at times you would forget that he was there. I'm not convinced that Mikel is as hard a grafter yet. Time will tell though.

Diarra would be awesome had we kept him.

I think Essien can play in some kind of a free role you know.

In some games more attacking, like today, and in some to mark a player and hide in the pocket, like against Gerrad in the first leg.

He is not really a defensive midfieder, but also not a straight attacker so something in between.

I realized that he is one of my favourite players ever. Humble, fantastic footballer, smart lad.

Mikel looked very very poor! N.A looked poor! and drogba missed far to many chances! he came up top in the end but still had a poor ish game.

The team are still far from getting used to this Diamond. To much going on in the middle. We were 1 - 1 and the manager did nothing to change it like different formation or anything. Are we seeing the same as last year 1 tatic? i hope not. only time will tell.

but we won so i cant complain to much! 3 points at the end of the day

I dont feel uneasy about the formation, i reckon it'll be brilliant once we line up like this:

Ess

Cole...Uri

Lampsy

Lamps is wasted at the top of the diamond, he has too many players aroudn him for him to think clearly

Jesus Cole at the top of the diamond, he's a classic no.10 and that's where he should go.

Lamps on the right of the diamond is the place where I see him playing really