Racism..

Alee.

Whats it like in your country ?

About an hour ago, my mate invited me in a joint convo with loads of footy fans, and one of them adds me up.. I accepted, and he goes like "You fucking paki, you filthy terrorist" etc.. went on to start abusing me pretty badly, And ended up blocking me, i didn't reply, mainly cause i was like WTF ? .. His nickname was like White Pride :lol:

Is it really this bad in England etc?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really this bad in England etc?

Nope! It's all cyber warriors mate.

Obviously there's racial attacks in England as there is everywhere, but it really isn't that bad at all!

People go on about the BNP being racist, but I don't believe they are. I think that's just pure naivety.

But there's many football fans that are now linking together in a 'fight against Islam'. You may have heard about the protests in Luton, Birmingham and Whitechapel. But whether this is deemed racist is all down to political correctness.

They say it's because there the only people that have the balls to do something about it. There are various groups that are basically all together. The main ones being English Defence League and Casuals United. There is in fact another protest tomorrow in Birmingham.

Here's a video of the gentleman who organises it all putting his points across:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/activism_non_profit/watch/v18874319CZcmHcZe

Sorry, Chelseaboi! Ignorance is ugly and mean! I can't stand people who judge someone based on one thing such as nationality, religion, etc... and assume they know everything. It shows how ignorant people can be. I can honestly say it hadn't occured to me to look at where you were from. I just like reading your posts.

You can be pink with purple spots for all I care, but if you piss me off I'll be sure to let you know about it.

There were a shit loads of Romanians put out of their homes in South Belfast not so long ago, but I think it was more down to the "non Romanians" being pissed off at the crime rate in the area going up and these "visitors" to N.Ireland were mainly to blame for it. Of course the media turned it into a Racist incident when it was purely people looking after their own property.

Belfast neighbourhood watch......cant beat it. :)

Whats it like in your country ?

About an hour ago, my mate invited me in a joint convo with loads of footy fans, and one of them adds me up.. I accepted, and he goes like "You fucking paki, you filthy terrorist" etc.. went on to start abusing me pretty badly, And ended up blocking me, i didn't reply, mainly cause i was like WTF ?

What a fucking dickhead thats awful. Racism is not that big a problem were im from well not down the south of Ireland anyway..u do get a few idiots just looking for a fight but iv never come across anything major like...could be different up north i wouldnt know tho!

...could be different up north i wouldnt know tho!

Its the same as anywhere. The majority of people just get on with life. Then theres the elemement that dont want any "visitors" coming over and taking homes in their areas and do what they can to get them out.

Those who go on about..."they're coming over and taking our jobs" are probably the same folk who do what they can to stay out of work claiming any benefit they can....oh the irony :whistling:

On a serious note.....the West shows Pakistan as a nation riddled with terrorism, it mainly shows the tribal regions of pakistan and hence most of these un educated people in West feel that Pakistan is full of terrorists. I have know some good Pakistani bunch of people who come from decent and well to do families from cities like Lahore, Karachi and they are fun to be with. I beleive the constant focus on Tribal regions f Pakistan by the West Media is giving a bad name to the entire country, although I must say the country is walking a thin like due to its weak leadership at the helm.

The media is the worst... they slant everything! US news is very panic inciting, one sided and very pro-democratic. I hate it and the way that they portray things. I usually get my news from the internet and hit several news sites in several countries and hope to get a balance picture from that.

I apologise if this sounds harsh, but this is how I see things in England.

We are a very, very arrogant and ignorant nation, and anyone different in any way is very likely to be abused - not by the majority of society, but by an almost-insignificant minority. That minority tends to be working-class individuals who have been brought up to be racist by their parents, and their parents before them and so on. A lot of racism these days comes from young people, and is normally directed at ethnic minorities, calling black people names like "niggers" and "black bastards," which is absolutely disgusting. Some of it is tongue-in-cheek, but as I say, there are some people in this country who are sickening. I went to the Chelsea-Liverpool match at the Bridge back in April, and some bloke there said to Kalou after he wasted a good crossing opportunity; "Kalou you useless wog bastard!" I just looked at him and shook my head.

I have no tolerance for racism. My best mate, Saleh, is Portuguese and therefore he's got a different skin tone to the majority of my school. I was standing inside the Year Co-ordinator's Office, and this skanky little bint had the cheek to say "Look at that black bastard" whilst Saleh was standing outside. I was having none of it, so I told Saleh to come in and asked her to repeat what she just said. She didn't. She was trying to look big, and that's the scenario with a lot of kids these days. They try and insult people from other cultures to make themselves look hard in front of their friends, to impress them. There's nothing impressive about it.

A major factor behind racism in the UK is because of western media. It always shows countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to be war-torn countries led by despots with militia organisations ruthlessly executing helpless people, blowing each other up and constantly engaged in war with their nearby nations. That gives one hell of a misconception to a lot of people over here, who can't go over to judge for themselves. They therefore take the scenes they see on the news and generate an opinion that foreigners are uncivilised war-mongers.

Like I said at the start of this post, I'm sorry if anyone was offended by that view. The only people who do it are a vast, vast minority, and they almost exclusively tend to be immature kids that would be lucky to own a braincell or two.

Yeah, the media really does like to create a different view, i've been living in the capital for 8 years now, never / heard saw a bomb blast or ANYTHING.. Its all about that what, 100 KM range with the Afghanistan border, and its the whole country that looks bad..