Club America vs Chelsea

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent pre season, absolutely perfect. Shevchenko was excellent in the minutes he played and Pizarro looked very good too, they seem really keen to make an impact. We've won every game, we've dominated every game and we have played fantastic football all round. Prior to pre season i was a bit wary of how we will play and how carlo will do and whatever but this pre season has said a lot to me. Deco was one of our best players, Carvalho was excellent, Pizarro and Sheva all ppl linked with moves away due to age and unhappiness. This has been our best pre season by a long way and we are really looking strong. Charity Shield and the Start of the Prem can't come soon enough for me. I believe the body language and the way we are playing compared to last pre season is much more positive carrying on how we finished off left season. Confidence is extremely high.

btw that stadium is awesome, good job it has a roof, u see that weather outside? Fuck me!

Edited by OllieCFC

A great stadium no doubt! We were alright...This game was meant to be the hardest, Club America have played 3 more pre season games than Chelsea...And our squad wasnt exactly all of the best players. Anyone else reaaaallly happy to see Di Santo score and then set one up...Im willing him on to break into the first team and gain enough confidence in himself to do well. Also, is Sinclair actually staying now...As there were rumors Birmingham City would be actually BUYING him after his loan last season...Cant help but feel he's in the squad for that new fifa rule about home grown and trained players....But id love to see him do well too. A good end to the pre season tour of America and i love the way they celebrated with the little bowl thing, made it look like it was a champions league final or summet, they went nuts LOL. Comon Chelsea! Lets own Reading now....We can all laugh at Hunt on the bench as Brendan Rodgers wants to sell him (probably cuz he doesnt want to work with someone who did THAT to Cech).

:D very good pre season.One goal against and also we didnt score like 7 goals so when it comes to the prem we're not gana go in so much with false expections and be like 'omg we havent scored 5' or whatever and also we played some pretty good teams and everyone got a run out.And everyone seems happy!

And we got a trophy :D..no crappy pens deal like last season :D

I was at the game at it was a tough choice to watch the pitch or the screen, for the shots on goal at the far end it was nice to have the screen. But when it came time for us to score, definetly much better to see it live then on the screen!! DiSanto's goal was priceless!! His celebration was great!! I love that kid!!

My disappointment was traveling to Dallas only to find out that I wouldn't get to see the power houses play :huh: But the game was definetly worth it and Chelsea was well represented!! They estimated that we were about 35% of the 70,000 crowd!! It was amazing!! Cowboys Stadium is spatacular but definetly geared to throwball not football... there were some elements of the stadium that were not football friendly. I felt really far from the pitch compared to what I see in the European stadiums.

More pics taken by someone at the game......

I cant get over the quality of the picture on that big screen. High Definition they said during the commentary. Fuck me :o

2yoplao.jpg

n2fk77.jpg

35n1m6b.jpg

2ng78t1.jpg

2zywv4o.jpg

o6mjp0.jpg

34dnehj.jpg

veq3yv.jpg

wlxahl.jpg

This one shows the home of the Texas Rangers (The Ballpark in Arlington) and six flags over Texas, a huge theme park.

24v8e2g.jpg

11sf7ya.jpg

v4ujw3.jpg

2hrzaqf.jpg

f05f2v.jpg

The American Tour turned out to be very successful. 4 Games, 4 Wins. We could not of asked for more from the lads.

We also saw some cracker goals Two from Drogba, Sturridge getting his first Chelsea goal and also Yuri Getting his first. Also its great to see Di Santo get on the score card too.

Things are looking good for the Season lets hope it continues.