Setanta could be buggered!

chrismada9

"Shitanta" is on brink of collapse

new20setanta20logo-11-thumb.jpg

Setanta faces administration "within days" unless backers provide more funds to pay £30m it owes to the English Premier League, reports suggest.

The broadcaster has already failed to pay the Scottish Premier League £3m it owes in television rights money.

Setanta, which also shows cricket, golf and rugby union, has about 1.2 million subscribers, but is losing up to £100m a year, analysts say.

Deloitte is set to step in to run the firm if it goes into administration.

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8090633.stm

---------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Shame on them! I'll kindly have the England matches back on ITV please :D

Edited by CJ Revo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, all the crap about Sky not being allowed all the fixtures to make it "fair" for viewers and then Setanta gets them and it's ANOTHER subscription. Thankfully i never got Setanta, bloody pain for some England games, especially as i thought all qualifiers had to be shown on terestial TV....

ESPN are interested in buying up the SPL rights apparently if things go tits up.

Setantas quality of covering matches is pathetic. I watched Rangers v Hamilton earlier in the season and it was lashing down. The cameras were steaming up and there was water all over the lens. Not once did the camera man attempt to clean it. It was terrible. Resembled driving in a rain storm with no window wipers.

Setantas quality of covering matches is pathetic. I watched Rangers v Hamilton earlier in the season and it was lashing down. The cameras were steaming up and there was water all over the lens. Not once did the camera man attempt to clean it. It was terrible. Resembled driving in a rain storm with no window wipers.

The camera angles themselves were crap!During Arsenal Chelsea seemed every time they could 'ooo lets look at the pitch!!' or the Sky anywhere but the actual game

That and premiership coverage wise...it was the Man U channel!

BskyB rejects 'Shitanta' rescue deal

BSkyB refused a £50m lifeline to Irish pay-TV broadcaster Setanta - which is facing administration - it has emerged.

Setanta had offered access to its live rights for 46 English Premier League games next season as an add-on option to Sky Sports, in return for the cash.

On Tuesday night, Setanta held an emergency board meeting to discuss efforts to stave off administration.

There are conflicting reports from sources close to the company over the firm's future should it collapse.

----------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8092595.stm

----------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHA it gets better!! :D

Time to put Des Lynam and his poxy looking tasch in his place!

Setanta has been robbing all the Chelsea matches from the regular sport channels and it's a fucking disgrace how I have to pay $15.99 CAD per month to watch my team play.

Edited by Tech9C