Glen Johnson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Agüero is one of my fav players, I believe Pato would fit better in EPL. But Benzema would be the best signing of 3. I would be very happy, if we signed one of this trio.

And about Johnson, it must be a joke.. We've got 5 players, who can play as RB and the last thing we need is another player there. :huh:

Even though Agüero is one of my fav players, I believe Pato would fit better in EPL. But Benzema would be the best signing of 3. I would be very happy, if we signed one of this trio.

And about Johnson, it must be a joke.. We've got 5 players, who can play as RB and the last thing we need is another player there. :huh:

Well it would be quite likely that Ferreira and Belletti will leave in the summer. Ivanovic and Mancienne even though they can play right back are both centre backs, so there is rrom for another right back.

To be honest if we managed to pick up any of Pato, Aguero or Benzema it would be brilliant. All are young world stars in the making and exactly the sort of players we should be signing. The price will not be cheap for sure, and actually being able to prise them away from their clubs will be very hard also.

For Johnson I dont think it helped his first game back was a 3-2 win and that he made several mistakes.Pretty good player but buying him back..seriously lol..then again the Sun live in their own world and make things up as they go along

We should never have let Johnson go in the first place. Would be suprised if we did re-sign him though. Wouldn't mind us signing Pato...

never wanted to let him go ...needed experience as a defender but should have been kept.

didnt really want to see carlton go either

I think its unrealistic in the extreme because him n Jose are very similar style right backs and jose is rated higher (even tho i think GJ is better). I prefer Ivanovic at RB anyway. Much safer and a genuine set piece threat. Ivo and Bos is a great couple to have because they are different styled RBs (well Ivo is a CB but u know what i mean).

Pato would be really good, very young still too

Edited by OllieCFC

I read somewhere today that Bayern were interested in Bosingwa.......maybe this is why the Glen Johnson story has evolved.

Can't see Bosingwa leaving at all to be honest. If we do sign a right back it will be so they can be in direct competition with Bosingwa. I have no idea how serious our interest in Johnson is, but i would not mind him back at all to be honest.

It has been obvious, that we are looking at English talent for obvious reasons (Sturridge, Young, Johnson ect..) so the roumers could be true but who knows.

Can't see Bosingwa leaving at all to be honest. If we do sign a right back it will be so they can be in direct competition with Bosingwa. I have no idea how serious our interest in Johnson is, but i would not mind him back at all to be honest.

It has been obvious, that we are looking at English talent for obvious reasons (Sturridge, Young, Johnson ect..) so the roumers could be true but who knows.

Bayern Munich Want To Sign Chelsea’s Jose Bosingwa

Bayern’s search for a right-back continues and Chelsea’s Portuguese full-back is the latest to be linked with a move to the Allianz Arena…

It’s no secret that Bayern Munich need to sign a right-back and, according to a report in Bild, new trainer Louis van Gaal has earmarked 26-year-old Chelsea full-back Jose Bosingwa as a prime candidate.

It had earlier been thought that a move for Shakhtar Donetsk’s UEFA Cup winning captain Dario Srna was imminent, but the thinking is that he is too much of an offensive player for Bayern.

Bosingwa only joined Chelsea last summer from Porto and has a contract with the London club until 2011. He has been a regular for the Blues this season, notching up 34 games and scoring two goals.

Should the Portuguese international be out of Bayern’s reach, then John Heitinga of Atletico Madrid is considered another option for the Bavarians, according to the same source.

The 25-year-old Dutchman is represented by former Bayern player Soren Lerby, who has been spotted at the club this week.

Theres the article.........As you said we're looking more at English players, so it could be a possiblity that this 6+5 rule that comes into effect in a few years is the reason why we're eyeing up more English players to plan for the future.

No meh.

Can the fans do something to object to the buying og GJ?

I mean he has improved, but we got Bosingwa, Ivanovic and even Mancienne covering there, we don't need him.

If you wan 6+5, why not just get a English Winger or Midfielder instead? for example Ashley Young etc!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You