Thank You Guus

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has already been posted, or if this is in the wrong place.

"There will be a new flag at Wembley this weekend, offering a message to our Dutch temporary coach. The flag is a fans' initiative and something Blues wanted to create to show appreciation for Hiddink's short tenure at the club, which secured our place in Saturday's final.

Fans made their feelings known during our last home game of the season, as the chant 'We want you stay' reverberated around the stadium, to which Hiddink took a bow.

Chelseafc.com grabbed a sneak preview of the new flag, which was unveiled inside the West Stand yesterday afternoon.

Below is a video offering a glimpse of what to expect when the flag is unfurled in front of the 90,000 people inside Wembley on Saturday afternoon."

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0...1674913,00.html

Lovely new flag. Speaking of flags does anyone have any good shots of the "John Terry's Blue and White Army" one?

Only photo I have of it...

3362734522_e0e53d5f4a_o.jpg

There will be plenty of flags for Guus just like there was at the Blackburn game, would have been better to put cards on the seats to hold up which spelt out 'Thanks Guus' or something.

Still, nice touch.

It's a nice touch. And i am Guus appreciates it. It will make it even easier for him to come back one day in the not too distant future to take up a role at Chelsea.

He has certainly revitalised the team and shows what could have been acomplished this season with a consistent coach that the team want to play for -PL, CL and domestic cups -even without Joe Cole.

As for his return, it would be good, but his age is aginst him now and personnel would have moved on and new ones come in. Still, hes been the dogs bollocks since hes been here...

He has certainly revitalised the team and shows what could have been acomplished this season with a consistent coach that the team want to play for -PL, CL and domestic cups -even without Joe Cole.

As for his return, it would be good, but his age is aginst him now and personnel would have moved on and new ones come in. Still, hes been the dogs bollocks since hes been here...

He has hinted himself recently (i think on Big Match Countdown on CTV) that he could come back to the club in some other role than manager as i think he feels he wants to retire from management and do something different.

So the reports of Rijkaard comming in and Hiddink comming back as DOF could be spot on.

It would have been fantastic if we could have kept Guus, i would have been very confident he would have brough in the right players in the summer and next season we would have been different class.

Guest ley69h

I read today on a dutch website that Guus Hiddink want to come back to the Premier League after his job is done with Russia(!) he want to stay at Stamford Bridge, but the dutch people who know Guus Hiddink and they know he is a man of his word. He need to go back to Russia to finish the job.

Edited by ley69h