Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with us and Porto FC

I know!! Just look at the players we've signed from there

- Ferreira

- Carvalho

- Bosingwa

- Meireles?

- B. Alves?

I'd love to see Meireles here, but Alves is a pointless signing. He's 29 in November, and we already have Terry, Alex and Ivanovic as centrebacks, not to mention the likes of Mancienne (if he stays) Bruma and van Aanholt as understudies.

totally not necessary!

Rather have David Luiz, who is younger, quicker and better. He would be more expensive but I think he is worth it. But first of all I would try Mancienne, Rajkovič and Bruma in pre season friendlies and see if tehy can compete with Alex, Terry, Ivke and maybe Carvalho (if he stays). I would keep Carvalho for one more year but apparently he is going to Inter so I think we will need one replacement.

If we sign this guy I will give up all hope of any youth ever actually breaking through! I really do hope this is just paper talk. We do not need another defender. If we have to lose Carv let it be, but we don't need to waste money on a replacement!

Exactly! Bruma would be a good replacement for Riccy, make it happen Chels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...