Drogba: I wish I was at Marseille

Under-fire Chelsea striker Didier Drogba says he would love to be at Marseille at the moment.

Drogba, who has been linked with a summer move following the fall-out from Chelsea's Champions League exit, has revealed that he would love to be at Marseille as the team lead Ligue 1 on goal difference with four games to play.

The former Stade Velodrome icon lost in the 2004 Uefa Cup final to Valencia in Gothenburg, and he believes it would be thrilling to be a Marseille player at the present time.

"I must confess that I really wish I was there with them right now," Drogba told France-Football.

"I envy them a lot, indeed! The atmosphere must be crazy all around the city.

"They must have a lot of fun all together. Most of all, they must make the most of it.

"As far as I am concerned, I was inches away from winning a trophy with this club and I cannot imagine what the atmosphere will be if they win silverware.

"It is going to be massive."

Setanta

Whats going on Drogs?????

Edited by STEV3O

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes during his time here I wish he was in Marseille.

He's said this time and time again about returning to Marseille, but if he was to go back there, would his ego take the fact he'd have to take a massive pay cut to play for them once more?

Whats the odds he'll be "mis-quoted" over the coming days. :rolleyes:

I don't think Drogba means he wants to switch clubs but just to be at that atmosphere of Marseille and to see them win a trophy.

Yeh thats how I read it.Exciting time to be there etc not that he wants to go back there permantly

"I envy them a lot, indeed! The atmosphere must be crazy all around the city''

Edited by Laylabelle

I don't think Drogba means he wants to switch clubs but just to be at that atmosphere of Marseille and to see them win a trophy.

Yup, spot on. He isn't saying he wants to leave and all the other stuff that will be read into this..

Tommrow it'll be..'Drogaba wants to go back' blahness no doubt with very twisted words.

But yeh never once does he say anything about moving,just about the atmospehre and how the atmosphere be if they won the trophy seeing how it was when they came close etc

<_< still

i dont see why he'd wanna leave the premier league anywayz never mind Chelsea

of course because any player that wants to leave the premier league must be mad..... <_<

im not saying he is going to leave, i hope he doesnt.

Didier Drogba has apparently made it his intention to leave Chelsea this summer and return to French outfit Olympique de Marseille, for whom he played prior to joining the Blues in 2004.

The player's friend, French television pundit Laurent Paganelli, has revealed that Drogba has told him he's ready to depart from Stamford Bridge in the summer, and that a return to Marseille is very appealing to the Ivory Coast international.

"I Think that Drogba is more of a priority than Trezeguet,” Paganelli told La Provence.

"I met him [Drogba] and can say he really wants to return to Marseille, and that is the right moment to bring him back. "He is human, experienced extraordinary moments here, he wants to come back. If he has to finish his career here, he will do it."

Another potential target for l'OM is Juventus striker David Trezegut, and Paganelli seems to feel that siging both is certainly a possibility for the Provencal outfit,

"Signing Drogba and Trezeguet is doable. I sincerely do not think that money is an issue. There is a special link for both of them," he concluded.

goal.com

goal.com are a shit source

sky sports are much more reliable and some of the leading papers apart from the sun

why would drogba wanna give up playing in the champions league (at a high level).. and in the premier league anyway especially at this point in his career.