Sunderland secure Adam Johnson signing

the wes

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woulda taken him but he's gone to the team he and all his family support. I hope he does really well there because it's nice seeing players joining the team they loved when they were young. Sunderland with Fletcher and Johnson and now a level up from what they were just yesterday. I wish THAT Sunderland team had gone to the Emirates at the weekend altho tbh woulda still been happy with a draw. They look a dangerous team now tho, look forward to seeing them.

he didn`t seem to be on our radar which i was fine with..

not that impressed with the Sunderland team i`ve seen better teams than them on paper go down and as they haven`t played together yet that`s all we can go on.

*wonders if he`s the only Chelsea fan on here who hates Sunderland (and North East/West in general) *

*wonders if he`s the only Chelsea fan on here who hates Sunderland (and North East/West in general) *

Maybe, but some of the member from the midlands or north may share your sentiments (e.g. Alex, Kojo). There just isn't enough exposure for most of these teams to hate justifiably (well for me anyway).

ah,i`m happy to hate alone.. :D

you may never get to hate the likes of Sunderland and Newcastle. some of it is long seated and doesn`t only apply to football..i`ve enjoyed watching Newcastle play quite a lot of times over the last 30odd years,not so much Sunderland..it`s more the fans tho,they still publicise themselves as massive clubs,when they aren`t really atall..it`s atleast 60 years since either of them had a truly golden era. in the last 25 years Luton Town have won more domestic trophies than the whole of the North East. nobody calls Luton Town massive and if it`s just because they have big followings then there`s about 30 "massive" clubs in England.

i did go abit too sweeping when i said i hate NorthWest/NorthEast in general..it`s generally "just" Liverpool,Leeds,Newcastle,Sunderland,Manchester...i don`t class midlands as "oop north" even tho there are plenty of Londoners and/or Cockneys who believe anywhere north of Watford is up north. and places like Carlisle and Doncaster have some classy fans.

since we're on about sunderland,, martin o'neil is one manager i have bit of soft spot for,, at Villa thought he could of have had something special but after the ashley cole sale it just went downhill from there..he's always gona sure up the back (o'niel) but up top not sure if they (sessagnon and fletcher) can score enough goals for them.

i gues it fits their ambition so cant complain, nice work from o'niel.

since we're on about sunderland,, martin o'neil is one manager i have bit of soft spot for,, at Villa thought he could of have had something special but after the ashley cole sale it just went downhill from there..he's always gona sure up the back (o'niel) but up top not sure if they (sessagnon and fletcher) can score enough goals for them.

i gues it fits their ambition so cant complain, nice work from o'niel.

Sundeland spending this much, Southampton a recently new team from the lower division spending 15 mill for Gaston Ramires, shows that the shared TV revenue is great for the league.

As La Liga lower teams are struggling in finance, the lower teams here are doing good, and actually have the luxury of spending some money on good players.

While that league shrinks, and the top two consolidate everything, the PL will continue to grow and become more competitive each year.

@justin_3d

i`m holding out hope Valencia can sort out their finances and grow again to break up the monopoly as i see them as the spanish version of Borussia Dortmund. they consistently produce great players either through good scouting whilst they are at small clubs or producing their own youth talent. they just need to stop having to sell these star players. would love to see them return to how good they were tho and keep Real and Barcelona on their toes even tho you make a very good point there about the EPL still growing wqhilst the Spanish league is declining and it could very well have an effect on the quality of Real and Barcelona are to be on the European stage in the future..even tho it`s always been as far as i can recall like a two tier division the top flight in Spain with a maximum of 5 or 6 quality sides and the rest probably not good enough for the Prem.

Barcelona and Real were very ordinary in the 80`s even Dundee United beat them at the nou camp and at tannadice.. Barcelona have played Dundee United 4 times and lost everytime btw..

Sunderland building a decent squad.

Good front three of Fletcher, Sessegnon and Johnson. Could be a surprise threat this year, will probably finish top 10.

With Martin O'neill and this squad, more then top 10.