Guus Hiddink

Steve

Personally i think he is doing a really good job as i am sure most of you agree. A lot of the players seem to respect him which is good to see because it seems the last couple of managers that we have had have failed to communicate with the players like Guss has.

In today's papers it seems that there are rumors going around that he is considering staying at Chelsea but i am not looking to much into at the moment because who knows what going to happen. I would love to see him stay with Chelsea as i think he can bring a lot to the club but i guess that all depends on him at the end of the day.

I think if he was to stay do you think he would get a bit more confidence from the board than our previous managers? We all know how close Roman is with him do you think this could be good sign? If he was to stay and he had a bad season do you think he would be given more time than jose, avram and phill?

I am curious in seeing what everyone else is looking for at this stage. As the season is not over ye i think it would be very smart if Chelsea did everything they can to get him to continue next season.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...during the last few games, I am getting high blood pressure plus possible heart attack with those 1nil wins.

I hope Hiddink can push the players to have a more comfortable scoreline like 2-0 =(

When Jose first came in we were winning games 1-0 every other week. Like Jose, Hiddink has us playing comfortably while keeping the scoreline in our favour. More goals will come. 3 points is 3 points and I'll take them everytime thankyou very much :D

What Hiddink has done is steady the ship and done what RA asked of him. He has instantly grabbed the respect of the players and if you believe the rumours he doesnt take any shit from anyone reguardless of who they are. I read that Jose himself is impressed by how Hiddink has turned things around. You cant get much better praise than from the man himself. ;)

When Jose first came in we were winning games 1-0 every other week. Like Jose, Hiddink has us playing comfortably while keeping the scoreline in our favour. More goals will come. 3 points is 3 points and I'll take them everytime thankyou very much :D

What Hiddink has done is steady the ship and done what RA asked of him. He has instantly grabbed the respect of the players and if you believe the rumours he doesnt take any shit from anyone reguardless of who they are. I read that Jose himself is impressed by how Hiddink has turned things around. You cant get much better praise than from the man himself. ;)

Through respect for the bloke , a new found confidence and desire to play has emerged from the squad. They know Hiddink is a legend, is clever and controlled, and things are looking rosy. Even better if Abramovich -(who is his defacto paymaster in the Russian position), persuades him to stay on.....

Guus made the players wearing suits before and after the match because of disciplin reasons. Not only that they look better in those Armani-suits, but it´s giving them a team-feeling, you know, like British schooluniforms - all the same, no difference hahaha

Edited by diskoviolente

Totally agree with the players wearing suits before games, they are professionals afterall and it looks really smart! much better than when then wear half a tracksuit and an Ed Hardy cap.

On the topic of Hidding playing entertaining football, Ive watched his Russian team and they dont seem to dissappoint. At the end of the day, winning football is entertaining football, however you get the results.

Guss is doing a top job at the moment and getting this squad working hard and getting the results. However i am convinced that Guss will NOT be here in the summer no matter what, i think he may come back at some point as director of football, which has been mentioned before, but i can't see him staying on next season.

• 2 years later...

I could not find a post to place this, so i had to look for a Guus thread.....

Hiddink to get £66m from Anzhi as Russian club continue to splash the cash

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1XdugtOPw

Not a chance of that being true. Although it would be quite amusing if it was

Guest justin_3d

^He should take it.

He is in Turkey....it's nothing out of this world.

If he was in Chelsea, Real Madrid, City, United etc etc then it would be dumb.

Not a chance of that being true. Although it would be quite amusing if it was

What makes you think it ain't true? They are rich as fuck and crazier then any other club out there. They even activated Hulk's transfer release clause, but he rejected the deal...

What makes you think it ain't true? They are rich as fuck and crazier then any other club out there. They even activated Hulk's transfer release clause, but he rejected the deal...

I just see it as paper talk mate. The press look and see how much money they've got and put story's like this about. It was the same when we got Roman I remember seeing us making £500m bids for every player going

For that sort of money they could get Mourinho why would they move for Guus?

Russian league...no disrespect, but I can't see big stars going there like they did for City, Malaga and PSG...

I just see it as paper talk mate. The press look and see how much money they've got and put story's like this about. It was the same when we got Roman I remember seeing us making £500m bids for every player going

For that sort of money they could get Mourinho why would they move for Guus?

Why would Jose join them? Money? He wants titles and glory, not money...

Only a few days ago, Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho was offered a similar world-record salary to jump ship from La Liga in Spain. But 'the Special One' feels he still has unfinished business at the Bernabeu and decided not to accept Anzhi's dream offer.

Russian league...no disrespect, but I can't see big stars going there like they did for City, Malaga and PSG...

Why would Jose join them? Money? He wants titles and glory, not money...

Same rule applys. Why would Hiddink go there? He doesn't need the money either

There's no quotes from anywhere mate. None from Hiddink and none from Mourinho. I gave up believing newspapers a long time ago